Sponsored

Anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco?

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco? I'm going with that over PPF and wanted to know how folks think it will stand up to trail abuse.
I'm told most pinstriping should buff out as well as look awesome for years 👌
I plan on getting the vehicle first. Baby steps lol.
Sponsored

Lou-Q

Wildtrak
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90,11,19 F250 15 mustang Gt 50th ann. 2020 gt 500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I plan on getting the vehicle first. Baby steps lol.
You can buy PPF from Ford when you order your Bronco for $225 so I ordered it. Not sure how much gets covered but for the price I thought it was worth it.
We had our new Shelby ppf and ceramic coated ( ppf on the front end, hood, A pillars, doors and door handle dimples, roof and part of the rear quarter panel. Then ceramic coating over the whole car. Also complete window tinting with some high UV and heat protection stuff.
Total price $5700.
It looks great and dirt flies off.
Lou

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone plan to apply ceramic coating to their Bronco? I'm going with that over PPF and wanted to know how folks think it will stand up to trail abuse.
I'm told most pinstriping should buff out as well as look awesome for years 👌
Did it for my wife’s Aston Martin and absolutely LOVE it! Must be done correctly by a professional and not cheap but I already have Bronco planned when it gets here

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can buy PPF from Ford when you order your Bronco for $225 so I ordered it. Not sure how much gets covered but for the price I thought it was worth it.
We had our new Shelby ppf and ceramic coated ( ppf on the front end, hood, A pillars, doors and door handle dimples, roof and part of the rear quarter panel. Then ceramic coating over the whole car. Also complete window tinting with some high UV and heat protection stuff.
Total price $5700.
Lou
Well worth it. Did the same for my wife’s Aston Martin. So happy with it a year in. Ceramic on glass and wheels was fantastic as well

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Total price $5700.
Lou
The factory ppf is the leading edge of the hood, fenders and doors. Not much

Sponsored
First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Expedition, 2016 Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The factory ppf is the leading edge of the hood, fenders and doors. Not much
Yeah, it's definitely better than nothing but it is unfortunate that they don't offer more. Manufacturers almost never install more than partial coverage if they offer PPF. Partials are fine for those who don't care too much but they require a bit more careful maintenance. Visible edges can catch dirt worse and if not properly maintained they'll lead to unsightly seems. Full coverage is the way to go if you are going to do it. The grill and lower edge of the bronco bumper are very susceptible to rock chipping. XPEL does offer kits for these areas, our shop has installed full bumper to bumper on all the Bronco's that we've seen. All the coverage for the chunky brick! haha

Kev

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Range Rover, Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Taking My OBX in tomorrow for Ceramic Coating using Modesta BC-04 Should get it back Sunday
http://www.modesta.co

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Bronco yet but just made an appt for spring when I hopefully have it.

Ceramic coating using CQuartz Pro - game me an estimate of $1895 for entire truck.

Is that a fair price?

Thx

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No Bronco yet but just made an appt for spring when I hopefully have it.

Ceramic coating using CQuartz Pro - game me an estimate of $1895 for entire truck.

Is that a fair price?

Thx
I'm paying $1000 for entire SUV including top and wheels. Jade Pro.

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
i like detailing too much to pay upwards of $1,000 to have someone ceramic coat my vehicle. I also am not a fan of how it looks... its all shine, no depth to the paint. Just super glossy, mirror like finish.

retail detailing products have come such a long way... they're so easy to use, even just for a <$20 bottle of griots, adams, 303 etc product with sio2 in it that you apply a few times per year, you have awesome protection and a fraction of the cost of a ceramic coat. Plus you cant paint correct when you ceramic coat without removing the whole coating. So if you actually like your paint looking good long term, youre going to want to paint correct and you won't be able to do that with a ceramic coating.

ceramic coatings are awesome if you want a protected vehicle for years without having to touch it to protect it (other than a wash) during that time frame.

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many people apply high end ceramic coatings so they don’t have to paint correct…..

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Many people apply high end ceramic coatings so they don’t have to paint correct…..
But how? Ceramic coating isn’t paint protection film

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But how? Ceramic coating isn’t paint protection film
Top end, properly applied ceramic coating will dramatically reduce oxidation, water spotting, swirl marks and fine scratches from washing. These, rather than off-road pin stripping, are the reasons most people do paint correction. I’d hazard a guess that most serious off-roaders and outdoors people could care less about either ceramic coating, PPF or paint correcting their rigs.

My Bronco will be covered in NV pinstripes within a few weeks. I’ll wash and wax it occasionally but I’m buying it for a hunting rig, chose Cactus Gray since it won’t show scratches or dirt as much as darker colors, and don’t plan to use PPF or ceramic coating. That said I applied GTechniq Marine Ceramic coating to my fiberglass fishing boat and black motors 2 or 3 years ago and the stuff is simply amazing. I also used their PPF coating on the front of my motorhome and that product has also worked great for two years now to help with bug removal and prevent water spots. I’d do the rest of the coach but that’d take me a couple of weeks and cost around $1,000 for materials alone.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My guy has three options for ceramic coating - Ceramic Pro; Xpel, and 3M.

Any recommendations? This is for AMB, so if one of them gives more 'pop' than the other, it will probably be the leading factor.

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok folks,I am thinking of the Ceramic coating. I was quoted 600 dollars for a two door and windows (glass)included,Using System X Installed by A pro firm,I understand the limitations.My Bronco is a Two door Black Diamond area 51 paint,pros and cons.. does it help the look,I also read there's better depth in the paint and shine, And keeps it easier to clean, less area swirl or water marks (note I have none),last question, Torques makes a 8 ounce bottle for 29 bucks how that work is it truly effective? and Thank You all positive feed back would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored