Sponsored

Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco?

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I measured my Garage and i got 80 inches clearance, however, i dont be getting a roof rack, i will be getting 33s with 2 inch lift if possible on bad lands.
Sponsored

Thoos

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Thoos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its more of a unich situation, but yeah.
All I need is Base V6 Manual Squatch with drain holes.
Not unique at all....

If i can get v6 manual with 2" lift, sway disconect, locking diff, upgraded bumper and under armor, as well as a water proof interior im all set.

So far i cant see that selection as a al a carte option..

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C55 amg
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bored at home, and thinking about the 2" lift. Wondered what Sasquatch wheels would look like without the added two inches.
I just eyeballed a 2" drop in photoshop. Also changed the windscreen frame to white, and a black paint framing the side windows. Went with clear side markers too.

2021 Ford Bronco.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco 2.jpg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm hoping it will be easy enough to change out the shocks/springs without changing control arms for additional lift and travel. That rear suspension looks a little complicated though. Certainly not as easy as new leaf springs.

Aftermarket may be a bit behind.
That's not how they lift IFS. 3" and under you just bolt a spacer to the top of the coilover. Rear suspension is CAKE...that part I'd be fine w/the coilover spacers. Putting a taller coilover does exactly DICK vs. a spacer...you are doing the same thing...think about it. Aftermarket is WAY out in front of this...rough country and BDS already have 6" kits for ranger. They would need a few brackets and a coilover rear spacer for bronco (which if I've been reading the pics right would be the exact same piece). The 6" ranger kit is of course blocks for the rear, and to go 6" w/bronco you'd need trailing arm relocation brackets...but WHOOOAAA slow down cowboy! We are talking about 37s on a 2"? I see ZERO need to go 6" Get me to 37s and I'm good! But I NEED full flex +37s or I don't think it's worth it!

Sponsored

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not how they lift IFS. 3" and under you just bolt a spacer to the top of the coilover. Rear suspension is CAKE...that part I'd be fine w/the coilover spacers. Putting a taller coilover does exactly DICK vs. a spacer...
Spacers are the lowest budget option for lifting your vehicle. They make the ride terrible. Putting in new coilovers is the way to go. You also have to consider drive angles depending upon how much you lift.

As far as negatives for 37s.....Extra cost, lower mpg, slower, worse on street performance. Unless you are seriously wheeling they aren't worth it.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spacers are the lowest budget option for lifting your vehicle. They make the ride terrible. Putting in new coilovers is the way to go. You also have to consider drive angles depending upon how much you lift.

As far as negatives for 37s.....Extra cost, lower mpg, slower, worse on street performance. Unless you are seriously wheeling they aren't worth it.
How many lift kits have you installed? And to your second point I AM SERIOUSLY WHEELING!

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Spacers are the low budget option, I know because im poor and use spacers ?. If they are too big they will stiffen the ride like on my Eagle. Its 3inches of lift on a car IFS that is already 3 inches taller courtesy of AMC magic. A 2 inch spacer isnt bad on most actual trucks like my buddys expedition. However a longer coilover is absolutely the proper way to maximize its potential.

Im sure Ford will have a 2" and maybe a 4" available from the catalogue. One of the official reviewer videos talked about longer control arms that they have for taller IFS lifts.

Also I would actually be into a tiny body spacer lift if it was a different or better material. Maybe solid ones for standard base and OBX broncos that will see mostly street time, and thicker rubber ones for a squatch.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not unique at all....

If i can get v6 manual with 2" lift, sway disconect, locking diff, upgraded bumper and under armor, as well as a water proof interior im all set.

So far i cant see that selection as a al a carte option..
Thats UNICH as in they cut the balls off anybody who wanted a manual.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So this is interesting...

According to the spec sheet, (using the 2-door) Big Bend is 72.9 Height and Wildtrak is 75.2

Wildtrack comes with Sasq + 35" tires and Big Bend comes with 32" tires... so some bad math 75.2 - 72.9 - (35-32/2) = 0.8" Lift????

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this is interesting...

According to the spec sheet, (using the 2-door) Big Bend is 72.9 Height and Wildtrak is 75.2

Wildtrack comes with Sasq + 35" tires and Big Bend comes with 32" tires... so some bad math 75.2 - 72.9 - (35-32/2) = 0.8" Lift????
Your 35s are not going to be true 35”s, likely closer the 34.5”

And then when you put weight on the tires they make make the height bottom to top go down to the 33.X” range.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your 35s are not going to be true 35”s, likely closer the 34.5”

And then when you put weight on the tires they make make the height bottom to top go down to the 33.X” range.
So you think that 2" lift is in there somewhere?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It looks like you can get the Manual transmission and a factory 2” lift with 37s that’s installed by the dealer. It’s a Ford product, not aftermarket. The article says that aftermarket 2” lifts are sure to follow.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...n-37-inch-tires-method-105-wheels-146247.html
Sooo... I get that there will be aftermarket. However the 1.2 in lift is actually just a different coilover, but it is a vastly better one with resevoirs and specially tuned for long term ride comfort in this bronco. The lockers it come with are another item you can get aftermarket but having the e lockers already wired and switched from the factory guarantees a good fit and finish of the wiring for long term reliability. The tires and wheels I dont actually want. I would rather have some 35 or 36 SuperSwampers and steel wheels. But I would plan on selling the sasquatch set probably to some ranger or f150 folks and get most if not all the money for my preffered set. Also I believe there are some extra bits in the HOSS system that likely wont be available in the aftermarket for a few years.

And the final issue and this is the main issue, is that I cant get the V6 with the 7 speed. If I could I would check every offroad box on the base model and go aftermarket or Ford Racing for everything else.
Sponsored