Sponsored

Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think the bigger question is what kind of lift? Is it just spacer and blocks or actually do e correctly with suspension components replacement.
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the bigger question is what kind of lift? Is it just spacer and blocks or actually do e correctly with suspension components replacement.
No blocks on bronco...that's ranger. Wouldn't do a dropout drop for 2", and NO WAY dealer techs are cutting the frame of a brand new truck. It's obviously a spacer.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No blocks on bronco...that's ranger. Wouldn't do a dropout drop for 2", and NO WAY dealer techs are cutting the frame of a brand new truck. It's obviously a spacer.
Well I was thinking they are replacing the Coil Springs with different ones.. isn't that all you would really need to do to do it "right" ... along with an alignment.

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well I was thinking they are replacing the Coil Springs with different ones.. isn't that all you would really need to do to do it "right" ... along with an alignment.
Actually the opposite, the right way to raise a vehicle with coilovers is to replace the struts or entire coilover assembly. You may also need new control arms. For example, a popular and inexpensive way to level/lift a 4Runner is to replace the front struts with Bilstein 5100s and keep the factory springs. 5100s are adjustable and provide a minimum .85" of lift.

An Ford authorized lift will probably be quite expensive.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Actually the opposite, the right way to raise a vehicle with coilovers is to replace the struts or entire coilover assembly. You may also need new control arms. For example, a popular and inexpensive way to level/lift a 4Runner is to replace the front struts with Bilstein 5100s and keep the factory springs. 5100s are adjustable and provide a minimum .85" of lift.

An Ford authorized lift will probably be quite expensive.

The nice thing about coilovers is they are usually fairly easy to replace yourself and for a small lift are usually all you need to do. At some point new control arms will be needed. I expect Bilstein to have their 6112s on the market for the Bronco as soon as it hits dealers lots.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thats kinda the thing w/ifs there's really not a right or wrong way. The coilover doesn't limit travel till it binds. Stuffing a longer one in the same hole makes it closer to bind at curb height. Putting a spacer on top of it does the same. Putting a longer spring on the same shock does the same...even worse. You can remove your coilover and jack up your LCA till it stops. Thats all the travel you are ever gonna have. Change a arms? Sure, but that makes the vehicle wider...so there's limits. Change the distance between UCA and LCA? Ya that's how the 6" ifs kits work. They are ugly to install, but they work kinda. None of the lifts for ifs are pretty

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For my XJ, the front lift was me replacing with new Coils, shocks, and lower control arms. The back leaf was "add a leaf" and man was that a pain. But it beat spacers and blocks and was done "right".

So yeah... I don't want to spend a bunch of $ on some "Dealer" lift is them sticking a 2 inch spacer at the top of my struts. One of the reasons I think SAS is so important simply because it is built from the factory with the correct parts (or should be).

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMHO - real offroad capability starts at 37" tires.

Don't get me wrong, 35's are FANTASTIC and we should all be psyched that they are available as-stock, but when I watch almost ANY video about tire selection, everyone really seems to favor 37's or 38's.

This was the most informative (and hilarious) video I ever saw about this subject:

Just me, but I don’t listen to recommendations when the person making that recommendation has something to gain from it. Can you imagine a suspension lift company recommending sticking with stock tires and ride height?

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The nice thing about coilovers is they are usually fairly easy to replace yourself and for a small lift are usually all you need to do. At some point new control arms will be needed. I expect Bilstein to have their 6112s on the market for the Bronco as soon as it hits dealers lots.

Crowd chants: "Long Arms, Long Arms, Long Arms...."

I am sure that SVC Offroad is already sketching out LCA/UCA kits. :) Send it!!!

Ford Bronco Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco? 900x900_alex_1_large

Picture courtesy of SVC Offroad and one of their customer builds.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We now know one of the Cyber Orange Broncos showcased had a 2” lift on 37s, which looks great. Is anyone considering a factory lift? I really like the look of 2 door over the 4 door but with 35s instead of 37s. What would be the positives and negatives of a lift?

Ford Bronco Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco? 900x900_alex_1_large
Must be one of the 200 plus accessories because 37’s are nowhere to be found in the specs sheet. Definitely a good look and if you can get Ford to cover for the 3/36 or beyond with ESP.. even better.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Crowd chants: "Long Arms, Long Arms, Long Arms...."

I am sure that SVC Offroad is already sketching out LCA/UCA kits. :) Send it!!!

Picture courtesy of SVC Offroad and one of their customer builds.

I'm not going long arm on the Bronco, but I am already starting my plans for my Tacoma once the Bronco is in.

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not going long arm on the Bronco, but I am already starting my plans for my Tacoma once the Bronco is in.

I saw one of the baddest Tacomas I have seen on the trail a couple weeks ago. He had a serious investment under the front end of that truck. Big arms and big Kings. It was a beast. Good luck with your build!!!

1lostCDN

Badlands
First Name
Derrek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thing I havent seen much conversation on here about is true tire size. The 37 inch BFG's measure in around 35.5 inches. you start putting a true 37 on there like a Nitto Trail Grappler or a Toyo and a 2" lift might not be enough. I myself want to run a 37 inch trail grappler on a 4 door and see what it can do but we need some quality lift companies to make products for these vehicles and not just that Rough Country garbage.

The MOPAR factory 2" lift lifts the Rubicon around 2.75 inches when all is said and done. Like others have said though lifting IFS is completely different then lifting SFA. I can't wait to see what FORD and the aftermarket produces for these things...

PS we should band together and get rock slide engineering to makesome of their kick ass steps for Broncos haha.

Ford Bronco Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco? 07b7ab8be07f593361bdd267e9c84ab1

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We now know one of the Cyber Orange Broncos showcased had a 2” lift on 37s, which looks great. Is anyone considering a factory lift? I really like the look of 2 door over the 4 door but with 35s instead of 37s. What would be the positives and negatives of a lift?

Ford Bronco Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco? 07b7ab8be07f593361bdd267e9c84ab1
Oh yeah, I’m in! If that will be offered on the build & Price from the factory, I’ll take the plunge on a bad lands edition.
like someone said in an earlier post don’t need it but I’m in!!!

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thing I havent seen much conversation on here about is true tire size. The 37 inch BFG's measure in around 35.5 inches. you start putting a true 37 on there like a Nitto Trail Grappler or a Toyo and a 2" lift might not be enough. I myself want to run a 37 inch trail grappler on a 4 door and see what it can do but we need some quality lift companies to make products for these vehicles and not just that Rough Country garbage.

The MOPAR factory 2" lift lifts the Rubicon around 2.75 inches when all is said and done. Like others have said though lifting IFS is completely different then lifting SFA. I can't wait to see what FORD and the aftermarket produces for these things...

PS we should band together and get rock slide engineering to makesome of their kick ass steps for Broncos haha.

Finally someone else aware of the KO2 undersizing. But what you don’t know is that was finally corrected on KO2.5 which is out now.
I own the original KO2 design in 37x12.5 and they are definitely undersized. Apparently the design is slightly different to the KO2.5 and I started researching and found they had made the 37 actually 36.5 true diameter. But also took away the snow rating of the 37 in the process ☹
Sponsored