Sponsored

Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco?

SilverII

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I plan to see how much height I have to work with the garage first. Probably wear out the sasq w/35" after a year and then see what the aftermarket have to offer. I want to be able to fit 37".
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bored at home, and thinking about the 2" lift. Wondered what Sasquatch wheels would look like without the added two inches.
I just eyeballed a 2" drop in photoshop. Also changed the windscreen frame to white, and a black paint framing the side windows. Went with clear side markers too.

2021 Ford Bronco.jpg

2021 Ford Bronco 2.jpg
I don’t think those are the sasquash wheels, aftermarket I believe. Sasquatch ring has the bolts in pairs of two, not spaced evenly like that.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I plan to see how much height I have to work with the garage first. Probably wear out the sasq w/35" after a year and then see what the aftermarket have to offer. I want to be able to fit 37".
Well on the one spec sheet, they had the Wildtrak and stated add 3.?" for the Roof rack. It put it just under 80" so I know it should fit in my garage :)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's not how they lift IFS. 3" and under you just bolt a spacer to the top of the coilover. Rear suspension is CAKE...that part I'd be fine w/the coilover spacers. Putting a taller coilover does exactly DICK vs. a spacer...you are doing the same thing...think about it. Aftermarket is WAY out in front of this...rough country and BDS already have 6" kits for ranger. They would need a few brackets and a coilover rear spacer for bronco (which if I've been reading the pics right would be the exact same piece). The 6" ranger kit is of course blocks for the rear, and to go 6" w/bronco you'd need trailing arm relocation brackets...but WHOOOAAA slow down cowboy! We are talking about 37s on a 2"? I see ZERO need to go 6" Get me to 37s and I'm good! But I NEED full flex +37s or I don't think it's worth it!

Well I'm always late to the party and I had this pulled up while reading trough the posts here, but will post anyway so you can see what a 3.5 control arm lift for a ranger looks like.

Ford Bronco Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco? 1595468419724
BDS Suspension adds new 3.5" UCA lift systems designed to take advantage of the stout factory front suspension design on the 2019 Ford Ranger. This new system builds off the factory mounting points and offers improved strength, ground clearance and suspension travel.
3.5" UCA Lift kit | 2019 Ford Ranger 4WD | 1545H | BDS ...

Ford Bronco Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco? 1595468698825

They also make it with longer coil overs. spacers are ok but longer coil overs are better for suspension geometry. same with upper control arms, better caster and more droop. IMO

edit: My guess is Bronco would get 4 coil overs upper arms and maybe some brackets for the rear track bar.

If you look elsewhere in the forum you will see this particular yellow Bronco has a watts link and 9" rear in it. don't think it's coming like that from Ford.

Last edited:

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo... I get that there will be aftermarket. However the 1.2 in lift is actually just a different coilover, but it is a vastly better one with resevoirs and specially tuned for long term ride comfort in this bronco. The lockers it come with are another item you can get aftermarket but having the e lockers already wired and switched from the factory guarantees a good fit and finish of the wiring for long term reliability. The tires and wheels I dont actually want. I would rather have some 35 or 36 SuperSwampers and steel wheels. But I would plan on selling the sasquatch set probably to some ranger or f150 folks and get most if not all the money for my preffered set. Also I believe there are some extra bits in the HOSS system that likely wont be available in the aftermarket for a few years.

And the final issue and this is the main issue, is that I cant get the V6 with the 7 speed. If I could I would check every offroad box on the base model and go aftermarket or Ford Racing for everything else.
The bilstein remote res shocks, lockers, 4.70 gears, cast dropout, and swaybar disco are all included in Badlands trim. 1.2 lift +35s are the only missing pieces of the squatch puzzle, and if u order 2.3/manual u r cockblocked from those 2 missing pieces. What the article is trying to say is that you can get a dealer installed (or DIY Y not?) 2" lift and run 37s. definitely fits my program!

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well I'm always late to the party and I had this pulled up while reading trough the posts here, but will post anyway so you can see what a 3.5 control arm lift for a ranger looks like.

Ford Bronco Anyone planning on 2” factory lift kit from Ford Performance Parts for their Bronco? 1595468698825
BDS Suspension adds new 3.5" UCA lift systems designed to take advantage of the stout factory front suspension design on the 2019 Ford Ranger. This new system builds off the factory mounting points and offers improved strength, ground clearance and suspension travel.
3.5" UCA Lift kit | 2019 Ford Ranger 4WD | 1545H | BDS ...

They also make it with longer coil overs. spacers are ok but longer coil overs are better for suspension geometry. same with upper control arms, better caster and more droop. IMO

edit: My guess is Bronco would get 4 coil overs upper arms and maybe some brackets for the rear track bar.

If you look elsewhere in the forum you will see this particular yellow Bronco has a watts link and 9" rear in it. don't think it's coming like that from Ford.
I don't think you wana do that on badlands. Keep the remote res shocks...those are big bucks by themselves. See your still not getting what I'm saying about IFS but have fun your way I guess!

Then&Now

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Infiniti Q60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All this tire size talk reminds me of something my Dad has always said:
"I'm a 32 waist, but 33s fit so well ... I wear 34s".
Guess some here can apply this to the BRONCO.
I had 33s, but the 35s fit so nice... I roll on 37s! ha :ROFLMAO:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Neighbor bought a 2020 Jeep Gladiator with a 2" lift and 37s. Looks like a beast, but discovered he needs to modify the rock rail to accommodate a step for ease of entry.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Probably not needed, but will likely get it. It just looks badass!

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Neighbor bought a 2020 Jeep Gladiator with a 2" lift and 37s. Looks like a beast, but discovered he needs to modify the rock rail to accommodate a step for ease of entry.
Let him know that there is a step rock rail from MOPAR available.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't need 4.70 so if i can get 35's and a 2" lift that's what i'll do.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think you wana do that on badlands. Keep the remote res shocks...those are big bucks by themselves. See your still not getting what I'm saying about IFS but have fun your way I guess!

I think you misread me as well @Bmadda .........think maybe a BDS kit for a Bronco might have fox res shocks, upper control arms and a trackbar bracket???? Those res shocks should have been remote mounted not stuck to the bottom of the coilover in all the shit to get bashed to hell. ;) BDS can correct that.

Yes you could do a "spacer lift " and get a couple of inches but going 3-3.5 should have arms and longer coil overs.

..................and judging by your avatar you know all about BIG tires and MUD and you know as well as I do that IFS with 37+ is not going to hold up long unless you put 10K in it and before I go that far I will SFA swap it.

We just put this on a 20 Super Duty

20200723_125013.jpg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you misread me as well @Bmadda .........think maybe a BDS kit for a Bronco might have fox res shocks, upper control arms and a trackbar bracket???? Those res shocks should have been remote mounted not stuck to the bottom of the coilover in all the shit to get bashed to hell. ;) BDS can correct that.

Yes you could do a "spacer lift " and get a couple of inches but going 3-3.5 should have arms and longer coil overs.

..................and judging by your avatar you know all about BIG tires and MUD and you know as well as I do that IFS with 37+ is not going to hold up long unless you put 10K in it and before I go that far I will SFA swap it.
Well...as Homer Simpson said "I'm gonna try anyway...WOOHOO it worked!"

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the bronco with the SAMSQUANCH package is capable enough without needed the lift. Maybe if the up travel sucks...
Sponsored