Sponsored

Anyone planning to install two way radio (either Ham, CB or other?)

Efudd

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Yaesu FTM-300DR, and I'm very fond of it. It is not as big as the 400DR, but has most of its functions -- other than a touch screen.
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Yaesu FTM-300DR, and I'm very fond of it. It is not as big as the 400DR, but has most of its functions -- other than a touch screen.
I looked briefly at the 400. I guess I will look closer.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have the Wouxun KG-1000G?

I've watched the youtube vids by Ham Radio 2.0 and Notarubicon. I'm looking for any other info on it.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just read through this thread, I’m considering an Icom 5100, it’s an older unit but seems a pretty good unit. Anyone have opinions on other good mobile units in 2m and 70cm?
I really like my FTM-7250D except for the flaky backlight. I haven't seen anybody else with the same issue, so maybe mine is just a dud.

I also have an IC-2300 when I volunteer at rallies and they only use 2m. Rugged as all get-out, and cheap. Honestly if icom made a dual band version I would be all over it.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am planning on a Stryker 955HPC converted to 11 meters.Mounted on top of the dash via the accessory rail.As far as the antenna goes I may try to mount a loaded Wilson mirror mount on the front fender bracket.
We'll see.

Sponsored

TwoSerious

Badlands
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am planning on a Stryker 955HPC converted to 11 meters.Mounted on top of the dash via the accessory rail.As far as the antenna goes I may try to mount a loaded Wilson mirror mount on the front fender bracket.
We'll see.
That is also my plan to mount at least the remote head on the dash via accessory rail. Bronco is going to be a shared vehicle with the wife so I have to be somewhat considerate lol

Wanderer351

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 E350 4x4 sportsmobile van. 2020 f150 2.7 crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My TYT-8900 quad band will get tucked under the center console and a remote speaker next to driver head.. head unit mounted low on dash.. same setup as my van…

Tri-band antenna on the hood to get the reflection..

I already have GMRS and FRS channels programmed with correct power levels..

I can monitor 2 bands at once.. 6 band option on the head unit..

been happy with it for years!

W8NDR signing off 73 to you!!

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the Wouxun KG-1000G
. I've been looking for a place to mount it.I am thinking of mounting the head unit in the glove box and the face plate looks like it will mount perfectly between the sun visor and the roof. I might mount the mic bracket in front of the AUX switches.

For the anntena, I'm thinking of making a bracket to mount to the bolts that protrude from the tailgate that the spare tire holder mounts to. Then I just have to figure out how to get the anntena cable to it.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will be adding some form of communications but have not decided which.

After tons of research, I discovered that I want all types of radios,, and to do so efficiently (without 3 separate units) requires some bending of the FCC laws.

I will have to look at the tri-bands mentioned above.

Sponsored

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a Yaesu 400-DR MARS I’ve modded for GMRS and FRS. Pretty sweet after programming to all the race radio frequencies and GMRS.
Looking forward to see antenna solutions.

GRPinehurst

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does a GMRS with PA functionality exist? Having difficulty finding something like this. Or just stick with CB with PA functionality?

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone figure out the antenna mounting yet? What was the mount they used on that overlanding demo way back? It would be nice to mount to trail sights. Otherwise I guess I'm looking at lip mounts on the hood for both my gmrs and ham dual band half wave.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know I just bought the Midland MTX275, Not only because all the controls are in the hand held, But the entire thing is portable with its cigarette lighter power, and its magnetic antenna.

Not completely sure how I'll install it in the Bronco, cuz I don't have mine yet, but with the jeep, A couple zip ties to hold the base under the dash, and I simply poke the antenna up between the dash and the inside front windshield. We'll probably do something very similar with the Bronco unless I get extremely limited range with the antenna inside the cab.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone figure out the antenna mounting yet? What was the mount they used on that overlanding demo way back? It would be nice to mount to trail sights. Otherwise I guess I'm looking at lip mounts on the hood for both my gmrs and ham dual band half wave.
I made up this bracket a couple of months ago. I of course cleaned it up and painted it.

It was a combination of measuring and eye-balling for the fab. I used foam weather stripping to pad it up where it needed it. I'll get some pics of it installed a little later today.
Ford Bronco Anyone planning to install two way radio (either Ham, CB or other?) 1632584116213

Ford Bronco Anyone planning to install two way radio (either Ham, CB or other?) 1632584180498
Sponsored