Sponsored

Anyone planning to install two way radio (either Ham, CB or other?)

Tidy2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 Raptor SCrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I made up this bracket a couple of months ago. I of course cleaned it up and painted it.

It was a combination of measuring and eye-balling for the fab. I used foam weather stripping to pad it up where it needed it. I'll get some pics of it installed a little later today.
1632584116213.jpeg

1632584180498.png
Were you able to get this install finished? I've been looking at some options and I just wanted to see how this turned out.

Any flex issues w/ the bar being so long?
Sponsored

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were you able to get this install finished? I've been looking at some options and I just wanted to see how this turned out.

Yes, I finished the install. Funny you should ask about the flex. I went offroading on some dirt roads. They were a little bumpy but nothing requiring 4wd. I was moving pretty good on the roads, opening it up and bouncing around. When I returned home, I noticed my antenna snapped about 2 inches up from the mount. My assumption is the flex in the bar contributed to a whipping effect that eventually caused the antenna to fail.

When I installed the bracket, I added some thick faom weather stripping to it to protect the paint on the tailgate due to flex. I plan on adding some more to try to secure the bracket from moving as much as it can.

I will add pictures this weekend.

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone planning to install two way radio (either Ham, CB or other?) 1636788216769
Sponsored