Sponsored

Anyone planning to wrap their hard tops?

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wrap will not work due to the textured finish. Colored rhino or raptor type lining would be easy
It will work. It will need a shrinkable heat wrap to mold in the crevasses. Avery, Vvivid or 3m auto
Sponsored

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I might wrap it, depending on the pricing of the hard tops that Ford will offer. I honestly don't think if I matched the body color (antimatte blue) it would hold up as long due to the plastic material and perhaps wrapping might be a better option? I don't have experience with wraps, but I like to hear your feedback.

Dual Tops - Modular Shadow Black-Painted Hard Top
Dual Tops - Modular Body Color-Painted Hard Top
Dual Tops - Modular Body Black-Painted Hard Top
I may Plasti-dip mine. Not only does it hold up really well but you can peel it off and repaint in a different color whenever you want. And at $5 a can you can't beat it.

OP
OP
Ajusaf

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I may Plasti-dip mine. Not only does it hold up really well but you can peel it off and repaint in a different color whenever you want. And at $5 a can you can't beat it.
I decided to keep it gray for a while because it doesn’t really look bad with AMB color from the pics I’ve seen. But line-x or rhino would be better for toughness and even insulation in a sense

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I might wrap it, depending on the pricing of the hard tops that Ford will offer. I honestly don't think if I matched the body color (antimatte blue) it would hold up as long due to the plastic material and perhaps wrapping might be a better option? I don't have experience with wraps, but I like to hear your feedback.

Dual Tops - Modular Shadow Black-Painted Hard Top
Dual Tops - Modular Body Color-Painted Hard Top
Dual Tops - Modular Body Black-Painted Hard

Never wrap a hard top have it sprayed with LINE-X

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't decided on a color yet. But if I get a red one I'm going to put Starsky and. Hutch Torino white stripe on it.

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I decided to keep it gray for a while because it doesn’t really look bad with AMB color from the pics I’ve seen. But line-x or rhino would be better for toughness and even insulation in a sense
Good thread. Obviously this is post B&P day and we all know about the delays now with the modular black top. Instead of waiting for that to be available, I am interested in getting the gray MIC top redone in a glossy black similar to what was shown in pre-production pics. Based on this thread, good quality vinyl or the Raptor/Rhino liner appear to be viable options vs sanding/painting. Vinyl obviously may have a shorter life, but I am okay with that since it's so cheap and can be redone. I appreciate the post with the example of the Jeep HT covered in vinyl.

I would love to see some pics of the Raptor or Rhino with a gloss black done on a vehicle's body panel (vs bedliner) so I can compare that look to vinyl (or even paint). I also like the idea of the liner products helping with insulation and maybe sound deadening. Does anyone have pics of some good examples.

Last edited:

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am planning on wrapping my modular hard top white for my cyber orange 4DR Outer Banks. Given the amount of FL heat, sun and sudden rains, I plan on running my hard top as close to a safari top as I can. (Windows down and rear quarter windows popped out.)

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know if I'll wrap the Bronco but, if I do, it will be this color:

3MDeepSpaceWrap.png
Not sure what color that is but it looks great!

I'm pretty sure I've settled on Avery Satin Jungle Green

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not sure what color that is but it looks great!

I'm pretty sure I've settled on Avery Satin Jungle Green
Its a 3m wrap, they call it Deep Space or something. Its basically midnight purple.

Sponsored

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love the way white looks on the earlier prototypes. I know little about wrapping, but will the MIC hardtop take a wrap job?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the way white looks on the earlier prototypes. I know little about wrapping, but will the MIC hardtop take a wrap job?
I don’t think it will. It will be fun to watch people wrap, paint, sand, LineX, Plasti-Dip or whatever else they think will work though. Maybe there will be a work around at some point. I just plan on putting an order in for a MOD top as soon as the dealership lets me and waiting another couple years for it.

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t think it will. It will be fun to watch people wrap, paint, sand, LineX, Plasti-Dip or whatever else they think will work though. Maybe there will be a work around at some point. I just plan on putting an order in for a MOD top as soon as the dealership lets me and waiting another couple years for it.
Great idea - Can you get on the dealer priority list for that?

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs