Sponsored

Anyone prefer the smaller tire look?

Vintage smaller tire - humble truck - OR - Big tires (Sasquatch) and a "look at me" truck -

• Humble vintage look truck

• Big tire look truck

• I think big tires can look vintage

Results are only viewable after voting.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The G6 forums answer should be …. Get Both!

Small tires look good, until you see bigger ones.
I have a 2016 base manual convertible Mustang (with a racing stripe) that bought 1 year old for $23K with only 6500 miles on it. Side by side with a GT or a 350R, it may look like a "lesser car"... but to the general public, it makes no difference.

I get compliments on my car all the time... no average person knows that I have base model. I don't regret spending double for a Mustang that I cannot afford and am happy that the base V6 engine is good enough to have fun, but not so powerful that I could get in trouble with it. I have the same attitude with the Bronco.

Base Model. Nothing on it. May upgrade the tires later (I will get two sets of wheels, to get a different look).

If I get stuck, I will use my shovel, upside-down floor mats, winch, etc, to get my self out... and I will probably not do anything that will get me in real trouble.
Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A good plan maybe to buy the small tire Bronco street drive it till it is paid off, then put the big tires and lift on it.
With my Mustang, I bought two sets of wheels, the second set for Winter, and swap every ~6 months. This allows the tires to wear out 1/2 as fast.... so my net cost is just the wheels (under $1000 in my case). It allows me to have 2 different looks to my Mustang, one custom/one stock.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer the big tire look but am skeptical about the Sasquatch as I’ll use the Bronco as my daily driver. I imagine the Sasquatch’s 35” MT tires will be noticeably louder than the standard 33” AT tires on the Badlands. Give me 35” AT tires as an option and I’m sold on those.

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a small tire 2 door would be cool for tooling around the town
1596124187143.png

But then I see those lifted on 37s and I'm like :p
I like this look for a vintage or beach cruiser vibe. I'll probably keep the 33s on my 2 door Badlands

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think a small tire 2 door would be cool for tooling around the town
1596124187143.png

But then I see those lifted on 37s and I'm like :p
This reminds me of my Mom's '73 Bronco which was the diamond blue color. It had G78-15 tire's which are about 28" tall and it pretty much went anywhere my parents wanted to take it. Just to put things into perspective. ;)

Sponsored

ghost1986

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Marquis
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was pretty interested to see what the Sasquatch package would cost to put on a base model but when they said it would option-able only with an auto i wasn't overly sad. Just figured Id buy the base then add some tires after the stockies wore out.

Once I saw the non Squatched ones in the spy spots with 33" tires I dont think I even would care anymore about the Squatched one. I think without Sasquatch looks great.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2016 base manual convertible Mustang (with a racing stripe) that bought 1 year old for $23K with only 6500 miles on it. Side by side with a GT or a 350R, it may look like a "lesser car"... but to the general public, it makes no difference.

I get compliments on my car all the time... no average person knows that I have base model. I don't regret spending double for a Mustang that I cannot afford and am happy that the base V6 engine is good enough to have fun, but not so powerful that I could get in trouble with it. I have the same attitude with the Bronco.

Base Model. Nothing on it. May upgrade the tires later (I will get two sets of wheels, to get a different look).

If I get stuck, I will use my shovel, upside-down floor mats, winch, etc, to get my self out... and I will probably not do anything that will get me in real trouble.
I have a 2005 'stang w/ V-6. Torch Red and plenty fast enough and sooo much fun! I also plan on getting a Base, and add 32-33's later.

ragingclue

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LWN ZR2, NA8, Bricks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was thinking of getting a BD squatch and then a set of 33s and base flares, then sell the 35s and bigger flares. 35 IMO is bigger than I care for and 315 is awfully wide. But that won't even be doable if they don't allow the MT with squatch...

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi -
Mainly for road drivers, not dedicated off roaders - I was wondering, how many of you prefer the smaller tire look ? To me it reminds me of vintage, humble truck. Which I like. But then on some days, I like the look of the big tires too.... so I am trying to decide - do I want a vintage looking truck, or something that looks tough and capable - but also has that "look at me" big tire factor.
In my opinion, the only 4x4 that doesn't look better with large tires is a fully restored pre-CJ5 jeep.

I had the original purchase order for my 1970 K5 Blazer. The Chevy dealer changed the ring&pinion and installed larger tires before delivery to the original owner. Larger tires have been a thing for a long while.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is that real? with the Sasquatch Pkg Bronco is Huge, I would prefer the without Sasq Pkg. (for Practicality on Road Only) But sometimes I would want it, aah so difficult to decide :eek:
I think it’s the angle shot that gives it that illusion. Here’s pic of SAQ in a closer day time shot
Ford Bronco Anyone prefer the smaller tire look? C4EE7A15-41B3-49E2-900B-067C91B027A0
Ford Bronco Anyone prefer the smaller tire look? C4EE7A15-41B3-49E2-900B-067C91B027A0

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it’s the angle shot that gives it that illusion. Here’s pic of SAQ in a closer day time shot
Wow, you are right so much difference.

PR4X4

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ and Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know nobody really knows at this point, but the Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond and Out Banks all have the Hoss suspension as standard. Would it be safe to assume you could get 32s on the base with no mods? Shame you can't option the Base with a rear locker.
Sponsored