Sponsored

Anyone purchase 2021 Ford Bronco ARB Bronco Under Vehicle Protection Kit ?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's on my short list. Summit shows a 2/28/22 ship date, which means I'd have to wait a whole Dirt Mountain Year to get some protection. The Ford set is available now but has anybody measured the stock skid plate thickness to see how these compare?

Best deal looks to be at CSP Racing where it's $624.21 using code blackfriday21 on top of their already discounted price of $664.05. Looks like free shipping and no tax to my address.
https://www.cspracing.com/arb-5480100-under-vehicle-protection-2021-ford-bronco/arb-5480100/

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speak of the devil.. I emailed ARB last week and just got this reply:

Hello, we do have these inbound to both of our U.S. warehouses. The first shipments should land around mid-May 2022

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Speak of the devil.. I emailed ARB last week and just got this reply:
hoping that means made in Australia, not China?

Of note, heard they only weigh in at 95 lbs total, which is obviously more than aluminum (e.g. Asfir similar setup is like ~47 lbs), but less than I feared…I guess.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hoping that means made in Australia, not China?

Of note, heard they only weigh in at 95 lbs total, which is obviously more than aluminum (e.g. Asfir similar setup is like ~47 lbs), but less than I feared…I guess.
Yeah I think it’s a thinner steel than some others. Also recently realized I’d still need a gas tank skid and since I already have a front bash from the mod bumper, I’m passing on the ARB

Reactions: R11

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

indeed it is thinner. yeah, I have considered just going a la carte on the gas tank.

Sponsored
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2021 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch I ordered the ARB underbody protection plates they were supposed to fit seamlessly with my standard bumper they did not fit seamlessly you have to cut off the original tow hooks as the bracket for the tow hooks hold up the intercooler so you can't remove them and the front plate will not fit up on there until you cut off the hooks. I called a r b technical support before I ordered the plates and I was assured by them that they fit no problem and the 4 Wheel Parts guy that I ordered them from also contacted the technical department and was told that it was no problem. That was not the case just be aware that if you purchase these a r b pans they're an easy install but you do have to modify your vehicle to make it fit and if you're not changing the bumper you will no longer have tow hooks in the front

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a 2021 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch I ordered the ARB underbody protection plates they were supposed to fit seamlessly with my standard bumper they did not fit seamlessly you have to cut off the original tow hooks as the bracket for the tow hooks hold up the intercooler so you can't remove them and the front plate will not fit up on there until you cut off the hooks. I called a r b technical support before I ordered the plates and I was assured by them that they fit no problem and the 4 Wheel Parts guy that I ordered them from also contacted the technical department and was told that it was no problem. That was not the case just be aware that if you purchase these a r b pans they're an easy install but you do have to modify your vehicle to make it fit and if you're not changing the bumper you will no longer have tow hooks in the front

Do you have any pictures to share with the group?

So I guess it's NOT "Installation Type: No Cutting or Drilling Required" as advertised?

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150,mustang gt conv, e250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you have any pictures to share with the group?

So I guess it's NOT "Installation Type: No Cutting or Drilling Required" as advertised?
Yeah definitely not I don't have any photos but I was reading about some other aftermarket belly pans and they were saying that they also had to remove the hooks if you are trying to put it on a vehicle that was originally equipped with the plastic bumper

Jviz4u

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice-Mountain special
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah definitely not I don't have any photos but I was reading about some other aftermarket belly pans and they were saying that they also had to remove the hooks if you are trying to put it on a vehicle that was originally equipped with the plastic bumper
These skids work work well with original plastic bumper and towhooks.

They are a bit pricy with shipping cost from Israel, but considered well known for military applications.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...skidplates-and-protection-by-asfir-4x4.33186/

FotoBroncoDan

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this system does NOT include a fuel tank skid plate - FYI!
Sponsored