First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hoping I don't need a bullet proof vest for this topic...I am just curious if anyone downsized from the 315's and has a pic.
With 33x12.5x17, you do lose 1.5" in tire height. I personally like the pre-runner look vs a stuffed wheel well.
There are pros and cons...and not trying to drive a MPG discussion...just curious on a visual.

Not my vehicle or pic, just a reference as example.

Ford Bronco Anyone put 33's on a Sasquatch? 1653413278736
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the side it’s going to look very similar to the standard Badlands setup. There is less than a 0.5” inch lift between the standard Badlands suspension setup and the Sasquatch suspension. (If I recall correctly its a 0.43” difference.)

Picture below is from @swanjonson Bronco. To be clear, this is NOT the Sasquatch package with 33s. This is the standard Badlands setup with the optional beadlock-capable wheels, which look extremely similar to the Sasquatch wheels.

Head-on you’ll have a little more poke thanks to the wheel offset. But again, it’s very similar to the standard Badlands setup. So close that if you are ordering a Badlands, you may just want to save the cash and drop the Sasquatch package—especially if you are ordering a manual transmission.

Ford Bronco Anyone put 33's on a Sasquatch? 1653418382157

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler (YJ) Subaru legacy KTM 690 Enduro R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just found this thread and was thinking the same. I’m seriously considering going with the Sasquatch package for the better drivetrain, lockers, wheels, etc… but don’t know if I’m wanting 35s on a daily driver. My question is with the 4.7 gears and the smaller tires. My assumption is that since the 10 speed transmission has 2 overdrive gears it would be ok but don’t want to be Erving too high on the highway.

thoughts?

OP
OP
RockSkipper

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just found this thread and was thinking the same. I’m seriously considering going with the Sasquatch package for the better drivetrain, lockers, wheels, etc… but don’t know if I’m wanting 35s on a daily driver. My question is with the 4.7 gears and the smaller tires. My assumption is that since the 10 speed transmission has 2 overdrive gears it would be ok but don’t want to be Erving too high on the highway.

thoughts?
G.E.R. = per the tire size calculator website, its just under 1.5" shorter which does equate to 20+ more revolutions per mile. I am pretty sure that wont affect the engine shift points that much to have it recalculated ...wish I could play with a set before pulling the trigger on new tires and wheels.

Ford Bronco Anyone put 33's on a Sasquatch? 1656331529814

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Dumb question, does the Badlands without Sasquatch package have a lift?

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb question, does the Badlands without Sasquatch package have a lift?
i believe it’s .4” taller than other non SAS trims. I now have 285/75R17 tires on mine, speced for 33.9” tall. Here are pics stock and with new tires. I will be adding a 1” leveling kit to even it out, the front measures 1.5” lower than the rear.
Ford Bronco Anyone put 33's on a Sasquatch? 26EE1E9E-E030-4D2D-A8E7-BB81C72CB6EA
Ford Bronco Anyone put 33's on a Sasquatch? F3682493-95D5-47F0-AA17-B78DD12DDE33

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
G.E.R. = per the tire size calculator website, its just under 1.5" shorter which does equate to 20+ more revolutions per mile. I am pretty sure that wont affect the engine shift points that much to have it recalculated ...wish I could play with a set before pulling the trigger on new tires and wheels.

Ford Bronco Anyone put 33's on a Sasquatch? F3682493-95D5-47F0-AA17-B78DD12DDE33
Thanks for the follow up. That's kind of what I was thinking but good to here it from another. Maybe a better compromise would be the 285/75/17 that would be just under a 34 and would better fill the wheel wells.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you have a 2 door it would look great, anything less than 35's on a four door looks off.

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you have a 2 door it would look great, anything less than 35's on a four door looks off.
I've only seen the new broncos in passing but in pics some 4Ds look "decent" with 33s while other don't. Hopefully it's not as bad as the Jeep Gladiator that looks totally off on anything less than 35s.Trying to find the best combination for a 4D before ordering in August. Your signature says that you have a base model, what size tires are you running with the 3.73 gears?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've only seen the new broncos in passing but in pics some 4Ds look "decent" with 33s while other don't. Hopefully it's not as bad as the Jeep Gladiator that looks totally off on anything less than 35s.Trying to find the best combination for a 4D before ordering in August. Your signature says that you have a base model, what size tires are you running with the 3.73 gears?
Don't have it yet, it's got the Sasquatch package, I'd never run 35's on 3.73 gears.

Sponsored

GrayEagleRider

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree with not putting 35 on a truck with 3.73s. I've heard that some with the base are running 33s without issues but I'd imagine the transmission would be constantly shifting out of OD on the highway with that set up.

How long what you been waiting on your Basesquatch? Think I'll be going that direction and want to manage my expectations. Hopefully the supply issues get resolved soon.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree with not putting 35 on a truck with 3.73s. I've heard that some with the base are running 33s without issues but I'd imagine the transmission would be constantly shifting out of OD on the highway with that set up.

How long what you been waiting on your Basesquatch? Think I'll be going that direction and want to manage my expectations. Hopefully the supply issues get resolved soon.
Been waiting 9 months, hopefully get it in the next 12 months (maybe wishful thinking). I refuse to compromise on a few things, so I wait with the Masses. If I'm dropping $45k I'm getting all of my needs, and most of my wants.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From the side it’s going to look very similar to the standard Badlands setup. There is less than a 0.5” inch lift between the standard Badlands suspension setup and the Sasquatch suspension. (If I recall correctly its a 0.43” difference.)

Picture below is from @swanjonson Bronco. To be clear, this is NOT the Sasquatch package with 33s. This is the standard Badlands setup with the optional beadlock-capable wheels, which look extremely similar to the Sasquatch wheels.

Head-on you’ll have a little more poke thanks to the wheel offset. But again, it’s very similar to the standard Badlands setup. So close that if you are ordering a Badlands, you may just want to save the cash and drop the Sasquatch package—especially if you are ordering a manual transmission.

I love how you framed this picture with the bronco and the American flag!!!!!

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i believe it’s .4” taller than other non SAS trims. I now have 285/75R17 tires on mine, speced for 33.9” tall. Here are pics stock and with new tires. I will be adding a 1” leveling kit to even it out, the front measures 1.5” lower than the rear.
How do you like your Sunrider top?

Did you do a self-install?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you like your Sunrider top?

Did you do a self-install?
Sunrider top is a great addition for me, I use it every time I drive the truck. I might have removed my roof panels a few times per summer, with this top it’s a 10 second process to open or close. The noise doesn’t seem much worse than the MIC top, but I didn’t take the truck on a long trip before. There isn’t any noise or weirdness with the top open to 65 mph, I haven’t tested past that. The wife will want a hair tie from the breeze.

I did self install, very easy in about 20 minutes with my wife helping place it on the truck. I removed the spacers to get a tighter fit on the rear top, but someone posted in a sunrider thread the other day that the gap I was trying to close doesn’t need to be water tight.
Sponsored