Sponsored

Anyone receive email from their dealer suggesting additional $1000 deposit?

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never responded to their email, but just got this text message after I ignored their call... :rolleyes:

40053A55-64DF-47ED-BF79-71FD073E57F7.jpeg
Put it out there. To boycott that dealer scumbag.

Let them know that they’ve been blasted on the biggest Bronco forum and none of us are doing any business with them.

Knew this type of crap was coming. FMC better put a leash on these dealerships, and fast!
Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess dealers don't know about this new invention call the "internet".

you4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got an e-mail from my chosen dealership right after the initial $100 deposit asking for an additional $500 refundable deposit

Adrenalista

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got a phone call from the dealer I reserved under... the rep was entirely clueless about the whole thing. Had no idea I reserved anything... just said it came through as an inquiry. I had to explain the reservation deposit, along with availability next year. The rep didn’t know anything about this launch or the reservations, said nothing had been communicated about it. I can’t imagine that they’ve been so busy that this just slipped by them??
At least they didn’t hit me up for more money. But this doesn’t bode well for an easy process.

Sponsored

highertechnology

Wildtrak
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would run fast and far from this dealer..

Walt460

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been through this with the Mustang, Camaro, GT500 and Raptor. Never paid a penny over MSRP for any of them and never put any large deposits down. You just need to find an honest dealer that is more concerned with repeat business than one high profit sale.
REMEMBER, THEY CANT SELL IT AT A MARKUP IF NO ONE WILL BUY IT.
While I love this new Bronco, I have come back to earth and realize that it's just a 4x4 that will be produced multiple years. How do you think all those folks feel now who bought an 05 Mustang for way over MSRP? Those cars are next to worthless now. Dont be to quick to be first unless you just dont care about loosing a lot of money. Two thing are for sure. The first year models are never the best ones of a run ,and they are usually the most over priced. COVID will play a big role in this too. I bet by this time next year you'll be seeing incentives to buy them unless these are only intened to be low production models of which it doesnt appear that way.

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a Bronco from the same dealer as the OP. All I've received is a email saying congratulations on the reservation and a link to the Bronco Nation website. I'm going to inquire later today about this and see what they say.

My email was from a "Nathaniel" if I recall. You could just be getting scam emails if you accidentally fell prey to a phishing attempt.

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a Bronco from the same dealer as the OP. All I've received is a email saying congratulations on the reservation and a link to the Bronco Nation website. I'm going to inquire later today about this and see what they say.

My email was from a "Nathaniel" if I recall. You could just be getting scam emails if you accidentally fell prey to a phishing attempt.
I checked with the dealer and they said they're not doing anything like that, so I'm suspicious of the emails and texts the OP is receiving.

TXWILD

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F250 12 inch lift on 40's
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you suggesting you didn't reserve one and Robb will just hook you up?
No I reserved one online and then followed up with the dealer, so just recommending an honest and trustworthy sale guy from Auto Nation Ford in Katy, since some were inquiring about local dealers. If he can't beat another dealers price, he has told me. Hard to find honest salesman now days, so I stick with him.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rpmurphy

rpmurphy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 VW Golf
I checked with the dealer and they said they're not doing anything like that, so I'm suspicious of the emails and texts the OP is receiving.
I was suspicious too, hence the initial post.

The screenshotted email came from [email protected], which seemed like a scam email address until I got an email from the second dealer I've reserved with a similar email address convention.

Like you, I also received an email with a link to Bronco Nation, but mine came later in the day from a Nathan Zuniga at Randall Reed.

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was suspicious too, hence the initial post.

The screenshotted email came from [email protected], which seemed like a scam email address until I got an email from the second dealer I've reserved with a similar email address convention.

Like you, I also received an email with a link to Bronco Nation, but mine came later in the day from a Nathan Zuniga at Randall Reed.
It's not difficult at all to spoof an email address, so even if it displays a legitimate address you can't be certain of the origin.

I've never ordered a vehicle from the factory before, so I asked the guy at the dealership about required payments when the order is sent off, since it's obviously going to be more than the $100 deposit. He said they "typically take a $500 check" to send off the order. So perhaps the texts you are receiving are in reference to that, and it's a new/uninformed guy that doesn't know about the $100 deposits through the Ford website?

Also since they mentioned deliveries in a few months they might be referring to the Bronco Sport, which also lends itself to someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Last edited:

Walt460

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's difficult at all to spoof an email address, so even if it displays a legitimate address you can't be certain of the origin.

I've never ordered a vehicle from the factory before, so I asked the guy at the dealership about required payments when the order is sent off, since it's obviously going to be more than the $100 deposit. He said they "typically take a $500 check" to send off the order. So perhaps the texts you are receiving are in reference to that, and it's a new/uninformed guy that doesn't know about the $100 deposits through the Ford website?

Also since they mentioned deliveries in a few months they might be referring to the Bronco Sport, which also lends itself to someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
I have ordered lots of vehicles over the years. I only ever put money down on one because it was something that wouldn't have been easily sold. Most dealers dont care if you take it or not when it comes in if its a popular configuration. They know they will move it. These dealers wanting large sums of money down to order are shady and would never get my business.

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
People have already posted here with dealerships offering 1k and 2k under invoice and only their state required DOc fees. Larger dealerships who work on volume and not margin will grab business. Especially if the FE buyers can eventually change their dealership to chase the best price.

dirtyscab

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 124 Spider Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have ordered lots of vehicles over the years. I only ever put money down on one because it was something that wouldn't have been easily sold. Most dealers dont care if you take it or not when it comes in if its a popular configuration. They know they will move it. These dealers wanting large sums of money down to order are shady and would never get my business.
I wouldn't consider a refundable $500 deposit a large sum of money for a specially ordered $30-60k vehicle. Seems a bit entitled to expect them to make a special one for you with zero commitment on your part. Sure, if you were ordering the most popular configuration it's no skin off their back if you don't want it, but if it's a common setup why wouldn't they already have one on the lot, or why wouldn't you go to the next dealer over that will have it?

I'll be getting a base, 2-door manual Bronco, so I know mine will probably be the least popular configuration by far for the general buying public.
Sponsored