Sponsored

Anyone receive email from their dealer suggesting additional $1000 deposit?

drugdealr

Wildtrak
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Funny, I’ve bought all my vehicles from Planet Ford. Went with Gullo this time around.
I’m not upset about the 1K deposit to be honest. It’s a way to weed out people who are truly committed from the rest.
Sponsored

Walt460

Wildtrak
First Name
Wilt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wouldn't consider a refundable $500 deposit a large sum of money for a specially ordered $30-60k vehicle. Seems a bit entitled to expect them to make a special one for you with zero commitment on your part. Sure, if you were ordering the most popular configuration it's no skin off their back if you don't want it, but if it's a common setup why wouldn't they already have one on the lot, or why wouldn't you go to the next dealer over that will have it?

I'll be getting a base, 2-door manual Bronco, so I know mine will probably be the least popular configuration by far for the general buying public.
I agree. $500 isnt a large sum ,and many dealers say your down money isn't refundable. Those are what I was talking about. Like I said. I agreed to putting money down on the one I knew ,and they knew would be a hard sell. (y)

Chewcudda

Black Diamond
First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia soul, mini cooper, kawasaki versys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not heard back from anybody at my dealership. I had to call and they did not seem to know anything..... may switch to another dealer that my wife and I purchased from previously.
Sponsored