Sponsored

Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope.
I originally ordered a BaseManSquatch, but decided to change when converting to '23. For similar money my Black Diamond, manual with 4A fits my needs much better. I'm loving the 20 mpg, and was able to add tow from the factory.

20230226_143723.jpg
Sponsored

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not even a little bit!

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little jealous of the 2 drs. they do look better . Need over design puts me in a 4dr.

Icon coil overs waiting on the weather but I put these 36.5 Coopers on and no serious rubbing at the mall

Talk about a quiet tire ……. Oh my
Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? 7079EE0B-7231-4B01-8902-D2630447D635

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nope.
I originally ordered a BaseManSquatch, but decided to change when converting to '23. For similar money my Black Diamond, manual with 4A fits my needs much better. I'm loving the 20 mpg, and was able to add tow from the factory.

Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? 7079EE0B-7231-4B01-8902-D2630447D635
One regret I have is not going 4A. Didn't realize how useful it would have been with the snow drifts on road.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
A little jealous of the 2 drs. they do look better . Need over design puts me in a 4dr.

Icon coil overs waiting on the weather but I put these 36.5 Coopers on and no serious rubbing at the mall

7079EE0B-7231-4B01-8902-D2630447D635.jpeg
A 2-door would be a great 3rd or 4th vehicle, I regret my income isn't there yet. Looks great.

Sponsored

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
One regret I have is not going 4A. Didn't realize how useful it would have been with the snow drifts on road.
Yeah that was the one thing I went back and forth over. Figured I can't go back later. Of all things I feel like that may be the hardest to retrofit. Only other thing I would have liked is a front locker. But it could be sorted if I want to. And the reality is I don't really "need" it.

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice. This should have been a "anybody regret not getting a 4 door" thread!
Ha! With the group that’s been responding I’d see a resounding “no” to that question!

equitasforall

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco Anyone regret not getting a Basesquatch? FA8DA8F4-8958-4F24-B8CC-4FEA93A75566
You get a pass on the 4 door because of the color…

OP
OP
Butzy

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got an Outer Banks, because it was the trim level that offered the Lux package. When you're in your 50's like me - and you have Reynaud's syndrome (where your fingers literally turn white as a ghost in cold weather) a heated steering wheel is a must-have. Adaptive cruise control is really nice as well, though not a must-have. I don't know why Ford can't offer a cold weather package with just heated seats and heated steering wheel. It just seems strange that the only way to get a heated steering wheel, is to opt for the very top end package.

Last edited:

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dollar for dollar, you cannot beat the BaseSqautch for value, capability & aggressive stance. Our BaseSquatch with the 2.7L engine, MIC top and Aux switches has everything we want. Maybe I'm the only one here who likes cloth seats? Living in Miami Beach, heated steering and seats are useless and even when I lived in Boston, I never cared about them.

My wife has another 4Dr BaseSquatch 2.7L MIC coming in April at the unbelievable price after Granger discount and price protection.... about $40,700.

Dover157

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was originally convinced I wanted a base squatch but knew I wanted a manual so had to wait for the 22. While waiting and playing on B&P discovered that a non sas BD with adv 4x4 was almost the same price. The easy clean interior, bash plates, steel bumpers and rock sliders seemed like a better way to spend the money. Plus I really like the black steelies and have been really impressed with how the grabbers preform. Have wished for a front locker a couple of times but overall happy with my decision. I do agree with others that ford should have made the heated seats and steering wheel a stand alone climate package though. Couldn’t get mid with the manual BD and that vinyl gets chilly on a winter morning.