First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 f250, 71 Super beetle, 05 F150, 22 bronco sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
When me and the wife ordered our Base 4 door Sasquatch I really wanted to get the modular bumper...
My thoughts were, when money allowed we would find it easy to add a bolt on winch arrangement, lights, etc.
Now looking at accessories, I'm kinda bummed, Ford seems to have stopped the way overpriced winch system (no way I would spend that much anyway.) The only lights that fit well in the openings look to be in the $1000 range...
I will admit, around here, in Central Virgina, that steel on the front end will make it nice come deer season, and I love the exposed tow hooks and front skid plate addition.
I haven't taken delivery, it's not even built yet, I was just making my Christmas list and thinking too much.

I guess, coming from a Jeep family, and a Ford Truck family, I'm getting impatient waiting on available accessories... What's everyone else's thoughts? Was the buy in worth it or do you wish you had just bought an aftermarket winch capable bumper and matching rear?
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well, I am not going to spend $800-$1000 for lights for it. I wonder why it even has openings if the factory basic fog lamps ofvordered through parts would not fit. I have to measure but I have found purely rectangular lights for less than $50/pair. A piece of tin or black plastic to fill the gap and I may be in business.

Any front winch is apparently verboten with OBX-Lux due to blocking of sensors and cameras. Using the tow hook holes and skid Plat mounting holes I am leaning towards fabricating a front 2" receiver for occasional winch use. But since my winch usage would be to pull others out, not myself, then rear mount of winch makes more sense. Besides, if you drive into an unforgiving situation the best attack is to pull yourself out backwards

JMB

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All Fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
.... I am leaning towards fabricating a front 2" receiver for occasional winch use. But since my winch usage would be to pull others out, not myself, then rear mount of winch makes more sense. Besides, if you drive into an unforgiving situation the best attack is to pull yourself out backwards
^^^^This. Used this strategy on my Truck. Quick disconnect cable sets for power. Short set for the front, longer set for rear.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Black Diamond here. I really debated between about going capable and using that $500 to upgrade to something better later. Only problem is that I really dislike the looks of the capable and I'm not sure when there would be something available for a price I'm willing to pay. I'm thinking for the first few years, even aftermarket accessories will be pricier than I'm willing to go.

So I went modular and if I get a VIN I'll stick with it and be happy for a few years. If I don't get a VIN in a few months or more and I find something else I like aftermarket, I'll have my dealer change my order.

Granted, you guys are talking winches but the same idea applies I think.

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I ran into the same issue with my BD order. My plan was after market bull bar because I really don't like the one that comes on the B+P but the aftermarket is really pricey or they're selling the bumper/bar as a single solid piece (from my search a month + ago so that might have changed) so I'd have to lose the modular anyways. Ended up just going with the capable when I converted to 22' and seeing what the options are in a few months/years.

Sponsored

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am glad I got it and besides it's not like there are a ton of accessories out there for the bronco as a whole. Once there are more broncos out there then there will be plenty of accessories for the modular bumper.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the modular bumper. I have Diode Dynamics SAE Fog ($120) mounted with the included brackets. I also fabbed up a simple flat bar bracket for a "dune flag", using the Bronco bolts for mounting a flag. I don't like the winch mount options for the modular bumper so far, so I may eventually replace it, but for now, it's better than the plastic bumper for my uses.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This looks fun! Great post

Burnz442

Black Diamond
First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A,1969 442 W-30, 1986 CJ-7 2000 Firehwk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It looks like Ford will have lights to fit in the corners if you look at the latest Raptor Bronco it has two fog/spot lights. hopefully the cost will be less than 1000 bucks :oops: ...for me the steel bumper looks the best and is not Jeep looking I'm not fan of plastic!

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are already 3 pocket light combos out there from Diode that come with a clean flush bracket for the $600ish range. Simply put there aren't many broncos driving around yet so even vendors are having a hard time making parts for it. Add in a whole logistical nightmare that has happened the last year and I guarantee there will be better and cheaper options for this bumper next year.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my situation I lucked out.

I was back and forth between Badlands and Black Diamond for 2021, which came with the modular bumper standard. I wasn’t crazy about it honestly—it didn’t come with fog lights and I knew Ford’s accessories were going to be extremely pricey (as they always are), so I went into it knowing that I would likely go with an aftermarket solution anyway.

But for 2022 I lucked out. The new capable bumper is steel AND pre-wired for fog lights. I’ll still probably ultimately go with an aftermarket bumper, but the fact that the fog lights are pre-wired is a huge bonus in my mind.

Last edited:

WildtracMoose

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f-250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When me and the wife ordered our Base 4 door Sasquatch I really wanted to get the modular bumper...
My thoughts were, when money allowed we would find it easy to add a bolt on winch arrangement, lights, etc.
Now looking at accessories, I'm kinda bummed, Ford seems to have stopped the way overpriced winch system (no way I would spend that much anyway.) The only lights that fit well in the openings look to be in the $1000 range...
I will admit, around here, in Central Virgina, that steel on the front end will make it nice come deer season, and I love the exposed tow hooks and front skid plate addition.
I haven't taken delivery, it's not even built yet, I was just making my Christmas list and thinking too much.

I guess, coming from a Jeep family, and a Ford Truck family, I'm getting impatient waiting on available accessories... What's everyone else's thoughts? Was the buy in worth it or do you wish you had just bought an aftermarket winch capable bumper and matching rear?
Congrats on the recent election!!

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The mod bumper is really good for the price. Aftermarket steel bumpers are all gonna be in the $1000+ range. The aftermarket is coming with a lot of cool add ons, once more broncos are out for the aftermarket to get their hands on more stuff will be designed for it.

If you want to do your own led pod lights on that bumper just buy this bracket.

https://zroadz.com/i-23915776-2021-...-similar-style-led-pod-lights-pn-z325401.html

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you're not planning on upgrading the bumper...then Modular bumper should be the choice all day long. It's a great deal for what it is; a steel bumper that looks good and has really good clearance, and is easy to add things to and modify. That's hard to find stock...so jump on it, unless you know you will be upgrading to an aftermarket bumper right away or in the first year.
Sponsored