Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that have swapped letters for light up style or any other reason I can’t find anyone that describes how they come out. Since it’s friggen cold up here and I have. I garage I am ore planning. I think I want to remove them and have mine painted body color. Are they one time use like plastic welded on? Or do they have clips or speed nuts that can be removed and re installed? Obviously it would be faster to swap if I bought a second set to have painted but I can live without them for a week and save a few $ if they are reusable.
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is not too hard honestly. But if you want to go the easier way to change the color, go to Stickerfab and buy decals that just stick on top of them without need to remove.

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is not too hard honestly. But if you want to go the easier way to change the color, go to Stickerfab and buy decals that just stick on top of them without need to remove.
Was just on their website didn’t see a carbonized grey. Maybe I was in a different section. They had a few colors and flag styles. Maybe I can get a buddy to paint them in the weekend and just be grille less For a couple days.

Sponsored

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For those that have swapped letters for light up style or any other reason I can’t find anyone that describes how they come out. Since it’s friggen cold up here and I have. I garage I am ore planning. I think I want to remove them and have mine painted body color. Are they one time use like plastic welded on? Or do they have clips or speed nuts that can be removed and re installed? Obviously it would be faster to swap if I bought a second set to have painted but I can live without them for a week and save a few $ if they are reusable.

The letters have light duty, hollow, plastic pins that go through holes in the grill. The pins look melted on the backside of the grill. I took a 1/4 drill bit and slowly drilled out the hole in the grill where these pins come through. As you drill them the plastic hollow part will release from the grill and the letter will fall out.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The letters have light duty, hollow, plastic pins that go through holes in the grill. The pins look melted on the backside of the grill. I took a 1/4 drill bit and slowly drilled out the hole in the grill where these pins come through. As you drill them the plastic hollow part will release from the grill and the letter will fall out.
How would you recommend re installing the letters after drilling/removal?

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hmm any recommendations on glue type? Super glue is probably not a good idea.
Good question. I don’t think I would want something that is permanent

Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agreed. BFN truck is selling custom painted grill, letters. I guess it's just a matter of determining the best way to re install ensuring they won't fall off...

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How would you recommend re installing the letters after drilling/removal?
The letters have an alignment pen that will help you get them in the right spot plus the grill has the letter outline that will also help you line it up. If it were me I would put a little piece of double-sided scotch tape on the letter to hold it in place and then I would use JB Weld on the backside to re-weld it like the OEM had done it. That way in the future if you ever want to remove the letters again you can. If you use glue on the letters to glue them back in place you’ll have to buy a new grill to get the letters off a second time

CaptainRob

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I swapped in an aftermarket grill that came with some terrible letters. The grill was nice, but their letters were all blocky and not the same font so I swapped over the letters from my base grill. I did a little tutorial video of how the letters work and how to swap them without glue and also so that you could swap them again if you changed back or to another grill option. I couldn't find much info when i did this so hopefully this will help some people.

tapritchettAREA51

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Where did you get the grill from Amazon?? It looks great