Sponsored

Anyone replace the Ford OEM soft top w/ the Bestop Trektop twill yet?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up the wife's Bronco (4dr BL, 2.7, LUX, tow package) on Saturday and drove it home to CO 875 miles. Yesterday we had everything from snow to 50-60mph wind gusts as we were making our way through NE and northern CO. As a soft top jeep owner, I'm fully aware what to expect from soft top and even during winters. But I'm curious if anyone has replaced the OEM top with the Bestop twill top and what your impressions are.

Reasons why I'm wanting to switch to Bestop:
- OEM wavy side windows drive me crazy.
- have zero use for the rear cargo lift of the OEM soft top.
- way the OEM soft top windows secure up top allow heaps of air to enter the cab.
- my wife won't be lowering the soft top completely to the rear, mainly just flipping the front back and/or removing the windows.
- not a fan of the OEM structural frame on the sides with 2 large dogs that stick their heads out the sides when the windows are removed. Especially when off-roading as this would create a hazard of them bashing their heads or getting wedged in the frame legs/hinges. Also makes for a cleaner look with the trektop when the windows are removed.
- slanted rear of the trektop IMO looks better.
- hoping the twill trektop is a bit quieter.
Sponsored

BoogieBD

Black Diamond
First Name
Boogie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Following. I feel the same.

OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After replacing the top this past weekend, I can say that the trektop is significantly quieter on both city and highway speeds.

JenB

Badlands
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep LJ, 2021 4DR Badlands, 2023 DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After replacing the top this past weekend, I can say that the trektop is significantly quieter on both city and highway speeds.
Would love to hear more specifics. My top itself doesn’t seem to loud except in freaky scary 80 mph cross winds…..but noise comes from the rear like a window is open due to the soft windows. It’s still a lot less noise than my LJ bestop soft top,

Leo Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The guys at TFL put a Best Top on a Wild Track. Decent video replacing their mic top.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any 2dr owners replace their MIC with a Bestop Twill?

Winter and snow doesn't bother me, not my first soft top, more thinking ahead to Spring/Summer when I'd rather have the top back in a few mins or drive safari rather than make a day of driving topless in case there's an unexpected storm, easier to pull over than ride it out like a real man

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would love to hear more specifics. My top itself doesn’t seem to loud except in freaky scary 80 mph cross winds…..but noise comes from the rear like a window is open due to the soft windows. It’s still a lot less noise than my LJ bestop soft top,
I just drove on the highway today with pretty brisk winds. I actually heard a couple flapping noises, which I didn't like. Nothing was damaged, it was just noisy. My husband claimed he heard nothing, but I definitely heard the top making noise. We've had some kind of weird weather system coming through FL today and it was rather breezy. It even made my antenna whistle.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve been eyeballing the Bestop Sunrider top to replace the front panels on my 2 door mic top. My main concern is noise and the sealing of the sides at the windows.

Realistically the money difference to the full Trek top isn’t that far, maybe that’s the better call for $600.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took dB readings with the oem top at 45mph, 55mph, 65mph and 70mph. I’ll take new readings with the bestop tomorrow.

so far, there is zero flapping when driving. Drove with the oem top in 50-60mph windows day we picked it up and it was brutal with the noise from the top.

i too have an LJ with bestop soft top on it and agree its loud but so are my MT tires.

Sponsored
OP
OP
2Jeeps&PatriotX1

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Manotick Badlands

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does that seal well above the tailgate? My factory soft top barely seals there.....which means it really doesn't. It's snow and ice season here now. The angled back would make it a little more likely for junk to sit there. I would't want a bigger leak than I've already got.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish Best Top would make the twill soft top hybrid (with a rear glass that is on struts) for the bronco.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very nice. Uniform black color instead of the mismatch MIC panels and no Bronco Wave. The rear windows on the BesTop you can bounce a quarter off they are so tight and firm. Also, for those that wondering, the twill is far superior to both the factory ST and the vinyl BesTop ST. There are 3 layers of construction with the inner layer a rubber membrane which helps reduce noise.
Sponsored