Sponsored

Anyone running Baja kits pre runner kit?

Woodwalker

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone here running the baja kits pre runner kit. Looming for a good review from a customer. All I can find is what they have put out.
I know this is an older post but we just got our full kit installed. 20k for the full kit front and rear, wheels and tires and install and it’s horrible. Our Badlands with Sasquatch was so much better than it is now. It is the roughest ride I’ve ever been in, you feel every bump and pebble. We can do about 5mph through woops that we did before at 40moh stock. And the company is the worst to deal with. They take your money up front and say you’ll have your kit in 4-6 weeks and shocks from King in 6 months. We had our shocks in 5 months and our kit in almost 8 months.
Sponsored

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Damn I'm sorry to hear that.

From my experience and others in our local bronco club, I can add a few points below that may help.

Firstly, you are not the only one who has experienced this. We have another member that got the prerunner kit and it was absolutely terrible on the whoops. That thing was kicking up the rear like a wild donkey.

I have the chase kit on mine with kings shocks.. and for me as well, it didn't feel great at first.

I managed to find a suspension tuner locally who does buggies for a living. He has loads of experience and a shock Dyno too..

Cutting it short, we took my car for a test run and even he said it was pretty terrible in terms of setup and just not done properly.

He ended up changing the ride height, fully rebuilt the shocks with different pistons and now it feels the way it should. I can't explain how different the car feels after the changes.

It seems that any mechanic can just bolt this all together, but it takes a professional to set it up properly with the correct ride height and other shock tuning adjustments.

I would recommend trying to find a local shock tuner to help you dial her in properly so you can enjoy it :) hope you get it sorted