Sponsored

Anyone seen any good aftermarket rear bumpers with a tire mount?

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bumper (bolted to the frame) is more robust as in it can support the near 100 pound wheel/tire (Sasquatch) better than the rear door.
Presumably Ford designed the tail gate to adequately carry the weight at least for a few years?
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jeep designed their tailgate to carry a 35 out of the factory. I’m pretty sure the Bronco’s will do the same. There will likely be hinge replacements or reinforcement kits to let you put a larger tire on the tailgate if you like. I’ve got a Rugged Ridge Spartacus hinge replacement and tire relocation bracket that let me mount 37s on our Rubicon.

There is, of course a risk you can damage your tailgate when wheeling with any tire mounted back there. In certain crawling situations you could find your vehicle sliding backwards and the spare striking an object and thus damaging he tailgate. Be bumper mounted carrier can reduce the risk but it’s still there. That’s why several Jeepers run with no spare at all.

Just things to consider.

Aztec1382

Base
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
that rtr bumper needs to be released asap

Sponsored

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jcr has one but the tire is not centered and the whole price out the door is expensive.