Sponsored

Anyone sell to Vroom prior to buying their Bronco?

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just on their site today getting quotes for a couple cars I’m going to dump for a healthy down payment on my Bronco. Both quotes were much higher than the others. If you read the reviews, they are good for selling transactions, but buying from them seems to be a different story. Lots of complaints from buyers. But most sellers seem to be happy. I’m definitely going to sell mine to them. Or take the print out of their offers to my local dealer. See if they will match or beat. Most of these guys are so desperate for cars right now that you might get more. Or be able to do it locally and make the same or more.
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Negotiate is the key word. Luckily my dealer played ball, matched my highest offer and made life easy. Private party could have been $2k higher, but I would have lost that in taxes. Worked out for me.
I shouldn’t say it was my dealer, it was my old dealer..I’m getting my Bronco on a group buy in Texas

jayson1980

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco; 2017 Jaguar F-Type R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They take the vehicle before paying you? When do you surrender the title?
You give them the title when they pick up the car. I received wired funds next day.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sold the wife’s Bronco Sport to Carvana. We bought it new. She loved it, but just not enough backseat legroom. Sold for $4000 over what we paid for it with 5000 miles on it. They sent someone to check it out (didn’t even drive it), signed some papers, money was in our account in 2 days, and they picked it up the following day. As my 5 yr old says “Easy peasy, lemon squeeze”

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was exploring my options for either selling or trading in when I learned about Vroom. They came in offering $3k more than anyone else and I was pretty clear on what condition my Grand Cherokee was in. Does anyone have any experience selling to them? Primarily, I want to know if they ever counter with a lower number once they get a hold of it, what kind of timeline from pick up to paid, etc. Because once I get my "Built" email, I'm probably pulling the trigger.
I'll give you the other side of vroom...sold my car to them. They came and picked it up a few days later. Didn't get paid within the next 48 hours. Started calling them to try and figure out what was up. Support is lacking. But you can request to go to tier 2 immediately. For a week no one knew what was going on. On the BOL from the guy that picked it up I knew it went to Manheim auction. So I called them. They still had the car but since everything came fr vroom I couldn't just go get it back.

I called vroom and told them where their car was. They acted like it mattered but I still had to call them for another week. Finally I got someone who seemed like they cared and they issued payment about 72 hrs after that. The runaround took about 5 weeks total.

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You give them the title when they pick up the car. I received wired funds next day.
Interesting....I guess it takes a trusting soul to sell to them!

TGoar

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubi, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Recently sold an older chevy on Vroom. Hassle free, got the check in 1 day. Do check with others though, my daughter compared Vroom to a couple similar services in Dallas and got a couple thousand more from the local service. (Like givemethevin.com and texasautovalue.com)
I've recently sold 3 cars, Vroom, Carvana, and CarMax and took the best deal. Interestingly, I sold one to each of them. 2015 BMW B6, 2016 Jeep Wrangler, & 2016 Grand Cherokee. Many thousands over what a dealer would give me.

loco_el

Badlands
First Name
Ricardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator EcoDiesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my challenger scat pack about 3 months ago to Vroom.
I got offered about 5K more than Carvana and even more than my private seller asking price.
Whole process took 5 weeks, 2 weeks for car pickup and after they picked up my car there was 0 communication from them and I started to worry, at the end the check arrived by mail about 3 weeks after vehicle was picked up.
No haggle on the price or anything weird.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sold one to Carvana last year and was too easy; good offer, quick pickup and payment. Buying from Carvana has been a little different experience, car was delivered this past Saturday and in the dealer Monday for $1700 worth of work of maintenance work and tires. Taking it in to a body shop tomorrow for an estimate on a pretty deep scratch that wasn't identified. They are making right on the car but it's at the expense of my time on the phone and taking it to dealer/shop to get it that way.

Sponsored

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've looked at Carmax, Carvana and Vroom for my Flex, and Carmax was actually $1000+ higher than either Carvana or Vroom, and I felt Carmax's was low, so I'm going to look into privately selling it.

I thought I might get around what I'm looking for out of Carvana or Vroom after reading people's comments on them, and was disappointed when their offers were lower.

tphigh2001

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500, Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t read all the comments but wait and trade in it will help with your sales tax. Check into that but I’m pretty sure I’m correct.
I sold mine already and in Arkansas the bill of sale will reduce taxes on new car purchase for 45 days same as a trade in. for the record a dealer friend, Chevrolet and Cadillac offered me more than Carvanna and I specifically asked about the tax difference on the Bronco versus trading in. I waited until I had built email, now praying it actually gets here before the end of 45 days!

Last edited:

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I sold my 2020 JLU Wrangler to Vroom a few months ago. I'd owned it for 9 months and had 14K miles on it. Vroom's offer was $200 less than I paid for my Jeep "out the door" (total negotiated price + TT&L). I wasn't necessarily looking to sell, but I wasn't in love with the JL and couldn't pass up that offer. I ran it through Carmax and Givemethevin - both were significantly lower than Vroom. During the height of the used car values, I noticed that different services were higher or lower, depending on their current inventory or some other factor. Vroom was offering crap for cars, but lots for Jeeps and trucks. Carvana was giving way more on cars, but less on Jeeps. It was just a crapshoot, which is why you need to run it through every possible service to ensure you're getting the best return.

The process was simple. The only thing I had to do was FedEx the title to them. Their driver showed up at my house, took a few pics to document current condition, and was off. He dropped it at a Vroom yard in Houston and the payment was wired into my account the next day.

I wound up buying a $9K cash car beater from a friend and will either dump it when I get my Bronco or keep it and let the wife use it as a commuter to keep mileage off of her Infiniti (and save on fuel - that 5.6 is THIRSTY compared to a TDI Jetta).

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was exploring my options for either selling or trading in when I learned about Vroom. They came in offering $3k more than anyone else and I was pretty clear on what condition my Grand Cherokee was in. Does anyone have any experience selling to them? Primarily, I want to know if they ever counter with a lower number once they get a hold of it, what kind of timeline from pick up to paid, etc. Because once I get my "Built" email, I'm probably pulling the trigger.
Sold my 2018 Focus ST for exactly 23.00 more than I paid for it new. Vroom was 3,000 more than Carvanna. Had zero problems. First time I sold a car this way. Sold to Vroom 1 month ago.

erics667

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2.3L MT A51, 1974 Ford Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my 2020 JLU Wrangler to Vroom a few months ago. I'd owned it for 9 months and had 14K miles on it. Vroom's offer was $200 less than I paid for my Jeep "out the door" (total negotiated price + TT&L). I wasn't necessarily looking to sell, but I wasn't in love with the JL and couldn't pass up that offer. I ran it through Carmax and Givemethevin - both were significantly lower than Vroom. During the height of the used car values, I noticed that different services were higher or lower, depending on their current inventory or some other factor. Vroom was offering crap for cars, but lots for Jeeps and trucks. Carvana was giving way more on cars, but less on Jeeps. It was just a crapshoot, which is why you need to run it through every possible service to ensure you're getting the best return.

The process was simple. The only thing I had to do was FedEx the title to them. Their driver showed up at my house, took a few pics to document current condition, and was off. He dropped it at a Vroom yard in Houston and the payment was wired into my account the next day.

I wound up buying a $9K cash car beater from a friend and will either dump it when I get my Bronco or keep it and let the wife use it as a commuter to keep mileage off of her Infiniti (and save on fuel - that 5.6 is THIRSTY compared to a TDI Jetta).
So you mailed them the title before getting paid?
Sponsored