Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I knocked out the rear cargo area today, first time ever doing this but I think it came out pretty good. I’m only hearing two rattles now. One sounds like it’s behind the sub enclosure so I think I’m going to take the enclosure off tomorrow and add Killmat behind that, but the second one is the stupid passenger side seatbelt. I know a lot of other people were having the same problem, did anyone figure out how to fix it or are we just SOL?

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat E40467A2-A2B3-4BF5-B3D0-E77644AEB44A
Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat CCF74B7B-901C-4DD5-A207-0E59B7944DA4
Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat E894235E-64BE-4684-836D-4EBD215B7CC3
Sponsored

EcoBco

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I knocked out the rear cargo area today, first time ever doing this but I think it came out pretty good. I’m only hearing two rattles now. One sounds like it’s behind the sub enclosure so I think I’m going to take the enclosure off tomorrow and add Killmat behind that, but the second one is the stupid passenger side seatbelt. I know a lot of other people were having the same problem, did anyone figure out how to fix it or are we just SOL?

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat E894235E-64BE-4684-836D-4EBD215B7CC3
Nice work! Which Kilmat did you use and how much did you use? I am going to tackle mine after winter. Are you talking about the front passenger seatbelt or rear?

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nice work! Which Kilmat did you use and how much did you use? I am going to tackle mine after winter. Are you talking about the front passenger seatbelt or rear?
I initially bought the one box but ended up buying a second one cause I didn't want to take a chance of running out in the middle of the install. But the one box was enough to do all this and I think I actually have two more sheets of it left. I'll use that to add to the backside of the subwoofer enclosure...so one box would be more than enough.

https://www.amazon.com/Kilmat-Deade...sulation+and+dampening+,automotive,109&sr=1-3

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ll be watching this thread 👀

I have the same rattle and it’s driving me insane!
I saw a couple videos on YouTube that involved going in the seatbelt mechanism and adding thick grease to the roller/spring...but I don't know if that'll affect the way it operates and surely don't to risk it failing either.

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am really interested in how much of a difference this will make at highway speeds ❔

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rear rattles so bad I just pluged it into the connector. So, a giant invisible nobody is buckled in, but at least it's not rattling against the sidewall.
That works for when the top is on. When the top is off, the belt will slap against the seat. A whole new experience at 75 mph.
Windows up or down affects the slap. I don't remember if up or down is better. It's cold here now so not going to test it out

Last edited:
OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Question, when you go to put the panels back on, do the two piece clips go on the panel or does half stay in the panel and the other half in the hole?

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Lol. This post is about the seatbelt internals rattling from the sub. Not the buckle flopping in the wind.

OP, you’re SOL. I’ve tried everything to fix that insane rattle. I think I’m just gonna pull it out. It’s just me in the Bronco 99% of the time.

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t have mine yet to know what you’re exactly talking about- but a random idea.

is the button rattling on the female side because it has play?

try using tooth picks, Or something similar to put pressure in what’s rattling.

• Haha
Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lol. This post is about the seatbelt internals rattling from the sub. Not the buckle flopping in the wind.

OP, you’re SOL. I’ve tried everything to fix that insane rattle. I think I’m just gonna pull it out. It’s just me in the Bronco 99% of the time.
I bet if I fill that bish with spray foam it’ll stop rattling!!! Lol not sure if the kids will like that though.

OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t have mine yet to know what you’re exactly talking about- but a random idea.

is the button rattling on the female side because it has play?

try using tooth picks, Or something similar to put pressure in what’s rattling.
I’m gonna mess with it again to see what exactly is rattling.
Sponsored