Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So since we can’t modify any of that crap I decided to put killmat on as much of it as I could in an attempt to reduce the vibration or absorb the sound.

Doubled up on the side that has the plastic cover.

Gonna add more to the cavity behind the seatbelt and then put it back on. Hopefully it’ll at least quiet it down some. Kinda sucks that we can’t do anything else.
So did adding all that killmat do any good for the seatbelt noise?
Sponsored

Asstastic

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So the rattle that I notice is the rear buckle against the side panel, did a rear seat delete with no plans of ever putting the seats back in. Was very tempted to cut The belts and unbolt the lower half, will this create a new rattle of the seat belt internals or any error codes on the dash?

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You can feel the sub woofer vibrating through right rear passenger seatbelt. Not sure how to isolate that?

Sponsored
OP
OP
los7883

los7883

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

LOL yall are crazy! I’m talking about the rattle coming from the actual seat belt housing not the seatbelt flappin’ in the wind. I tried connecting the seatbelt but that doesn’t do anything for the rattle inside. So I’ve been driving it for the past few days and I’d say the rattle has subsided by a good mother flippin’ 90%!!! I can turn the volume up to 20 on some heavy bass songs and I can hear just a small amount of rattle from it. If you didnt know to listen for it I’d say you’d never notice it. One more thing I’m going to add is more Killmat to the inside of the panel that covers the seatbelt area, that should cut it down some more.

To those saying this is overkill, I didnt add Killmat to the cargo area because of the seatbelt, thats just because I like to turn up my bass and dont want to deal with noise when doing so. The seatbelt portion was just one of the things that we couldn’t seem to knock out. So to add Killmat to the seatbelt housing to kill 90% of the sound is totally worth it, maybe used one sheet of Killmat to do it (I think they’re like 12x18”) and took me all of about 30 minutes to cover it.

For those looking to do it, there are just two bolts holding the seatbelt housing to the truck, after that there is an electrical connector on the backside of it. Take that connector off and then you can take the housing out and work on it a lot easier.

Here’s what the connector looks like, never seen one like this before, appears to be a 90-degree connector.

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat A4375FF4-6068-46F3-B7E1-1D2D9930010D

To get it off the housing, there are two small white tabs on each side, you’ll want to pull those in the direction of the arrow and pull the connector off in that same direction.

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat EE7E6124-70A3-466F-B560-C1BB7AE7681B

This is what the inside of the connector looks like, pulling those tabs back opens up these three tabs on the inside, unlocking it from the housing.

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat E6D8273F-CA63-49E0-9AF6-EA4286B1E01B

From there I suggest you pull out as much slack as you need and then tape the belt to the housing so you aren’t fighting against the retract mechanism.

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat BD2CE1E8-B9B7-41B8-9C68-3F1DB1F3F47E

Then you can just add as much Killmat as you want. It wasn’t hard at all, may look time consuming but it wasn’t. Probably took an hour to do all this and that’s because I’ve never done it before so took some figuring out. But if you hate that seatbelt rattle coming from the inside as much as I do, this is TOTALLY worth it.

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
unfortunately my seatbelt retention buckles from stickerfab didn’t last long. They lasted maybe all of a week. The 3m product they use to stick on is awful. I wrote to stickerfab on social media and email, I got no response so I ended up taking the double sided 3M off and got a thicker one with some marine glue and put them on. So far they’ve worked.
I don't have my bronco yet, but why don't you just clip the seatbelt in place even though nobody is sitting in the seat?

bcgray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Outback Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Soooo many yahoo's in here repeating the same "solutions" and didn't bother to read the full thread before offering advice for a problem OP isn't talking about.

The thread was only on page 2 before it started.

Smheard

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 Raptor, ‘21 Macan S, ‘22 Big Bend, '21 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Last edited:

PghBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I knocked out the rear cargo area today, first time ever doing this but I think it came out pretty good. I’m only hearing two rattles now. One sounds like it’s behind the sub enclosure so I think I’m going to take the enclosure off tomorrow and add Killmat behind that, but the second one is the stupid passenger side seatbelt. I know a lot of other people were having the same problem, did anyone figure out how to fix it or are we just SOL?

Ford Bronco Anyone solve the seatbelt rattle? Lined interior with Killmat sound deadening mat BD2CE1E8-B9B7-41B8-9C68-3F1DB1F3F47E
Killmat is the way to go. I think i used 2.5 boxes in my JKU. I bought a box for the bronco when i made my sub enclosure. Speaking of, Id pull that B&O sub box out and mat behind it? if you havent already. I also would kill mat under the rear storage (middle plastic in middle.) and maybe contact points where the jack is. That may help.

Sponsored

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question, with the seatbelt rattle I was looking at the pictures and not sure if this would help, but have you tried to see if that mechanism still rattles it the child locks are on the seat?

Not sure that’s the right terminology but when you pull the belt all the way out and it clicks as it retracts locking the belt to a set length. I know without the seatbelt clipped into the buckle there’s no way of applying this, but could run a test with clipping it in and if that does indeed fix the problem you could pull the seatbelt out a good way, engage the locking mechanism and then taped the belt up orsomething like that.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Question, with the seatbelt rattle I was looking at the pictures and not sure if this would help, but have you tried to see if that mechanism still rattles it the child locks are on the seat?

Not sure that’s the right terminology but when you pull the belt all the way out and it clicks as it retracts locking the belt to a set length. I know without the seatbelt clipped into the buckle there’s no way of applying this, but could run a test with clipping it in and if that does indeed fix the problem you could pull the seatbelt out a good way, engage the locking mechanism and then taped the belt up orsomething like that.
I have tried driving around with the seatbelt clipped, and it does not help the rattle at all. In fact it might of made it a little worse for me but hard to say as it varies by song and frequency. But it definitely didnt help. Looking through the OPs pics, I have some new ideas to try, and I am going to also surround that reel mechanism in a kilmat coffin. I have isolated the mechanism from the body with isolation washers which helped a bit, but I think alot of the vibration is coming from the air.

Moribach

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Its amazing how bad reading comprehension is around here, even when pictures and illustrations are used. 😂
This. This this and this.

It's like reading a broken record of people who just won't take the time but want to participate. I get it to a degree if its been a long while in a reply but half of the time its on the same bloody page that the same thing has been covered.

Drive a person nutty.

Ohnoohnoooo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW z3, Nisan rogue, joint-custody of Jeep YJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have tried driving around with the seatbelt clipped, and it does not help the rattle at all. In fact it might of made it a little worse for me but hard to say as it varies by song and frequency. But it definitely didnt help. Looking through the OPs pics, I have some new ideas to try, and I am going to also surround that reel mechanism in a kilmat coffin. I have isolated the mechanism from the body with isolation washers which helped a bit, but I think alot of the vibration is coming from the air.
I believe what @DocFuller was suggesting is to have it clipped AND fully engaged with tension so it doesn't retract. Not just clipped.
Sponsored