Sponsored

Anyone still on the fence without knowing final price and test driving?

OP
OP
BroncoJay

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to try to wait until they have been out on the roads for a year. But I bet I don't make it that long. I am at least going to wait until I can see and touch one in person. I/we have already waited this long. What's another 1-1.5 years?
I would really like to know what the colors look like in person. A computer screen can sometimes be deceiving. I am unsure what the cactus gray and area 51 really look like.
I kind of think the same way about waiting to see them in person but I know Iā€™m going to be like a pouting 2 year old when I see one out and about thinking ā€œI want one tooā€?
Sponsored

• Haha
Reactions: RLW

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should mention, I've stated MANY times before I had a Ecoboost Mustang, so I know the engine well

My only possible concern is the catch point, and that's taken care of with a day or two of driving it

CJH33

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am struggling big time with the lack of finer points and details not being released by ford. I have fallen in love with the looks and features of the Bronco but the unknown of pricing and the true look of the colors is making me hesitant to Reserve one. I am leaning towards a 2 door big bend with mid package in area51 or antimatter blue.

Ponderess

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 ford explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think I was surfing the hype wave of long time bronco enthusiast a bit too hard the last couple of months. Having only the last few months under my belt while some of you waited years for this. I really tried matching y'alls energy though, saved pics of older Broncos for inspo on my 2021, watched a small documentary. But I can't imagine how the trim and packages I want will be affordable. And to pay $500 a month without everything I want plus not having driven it before, it being first year..... I am starting to back pedal!

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm on the fence too. Waiting for the Config tool and kind of want to know the MPG if I'm really going to trade in my Fusion for it.
If I can get 22-24MPG Combined then I may very well go for it.
I just don't know

Sponsored

kairo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm on the fence too. Waiting for the Config tool and kind of want to know the MPG if I'm really going to trade in my Fusion for it.
If I can get 22-24MPG Combined then I may very well go for it.
I just don't know
I don't want to crush your hopes and dreams, and I do hope that the Bronco has good mileage. But, I suspect, that this is not one of those vehicles you buy with economy as your first motive.

Perhaps take a look at the Sport? It seems to be a little bit more economically friendly.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Should mention, I've stated MANY times before I had a Ecoboost Mustang, so I know the engine well

My only possible concern is the catch point, and that's taken care of with a day or two of driving it
Stock Catch point was impossible to find on my 5.0. Bought the Steeda clutch spring and itā€™s perfext.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco seems like an awesome vehicle, I think Ford nailed it and I think there are tons of trims and options, with that being said I still canā€™t seem to pull the reservation trigger. Iā€™m really waiting for the build simulator goes live. I really need to have a real idea of what costs will be...
I have never bought a vehicle without driving, feeling It out 1st either..

anyone else having these same thoughts?
I bought my Ranger w/o test driving it. But its once of those new release vehicles that if I decided to wait until it was released it was going to take months to find the right one. This Bronco will be worse. If you were to wait until they start showing up in deals, you will have a hard time finding one you want at a decent price. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if people were forced to wait until late 2021 or even 2022. The deposit is refundable so I'd rather get on it early than later.

Sponsored

BoneyRoads

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am struggling big time with the lack of finer points and details not being released by ford. I have fallen in love with the looks and features of the Bronco but the unknown of pricing and the true look of the colors is making me hesitant to Reserve one. I am leaning towards a 2 door big bend with mid package in area51 or antimatter blue.
I mean the build options will be out in a month and you can change trim. If you wait too long you might not have to worry about true looks :D

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thatā€™s the wonderful thing about discretionary purchases, no one is forcing you to buy anything, and it probably wonā€™t cause any heartache if you donā€™t buy one. I like special editions and I have actually had good experiences with a first gen ford.

in 1991 I bought a Ford Explorer, completely new vehicle. Some things they got wrong, it only had one cup holder (total) the automatic locking hubs were garbage and it wasnā€™t the strongest engine; however the 4wd did perform well in the snow, and with 4 studded tires I could go anywhere in Lake Tahoe. I put 250,000 miles on it, new hubs, new transmission at 180,000mi and had the black rear upper sections re-painted. So, Iā€™m pretty sure we can trust that Ford will deliver a great vehicle, or make it right.

cheers ?

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ideally before purchase I would like to test drive a Bronco with the 2.3EB and one with the 2.7EB so I can decide if its worth ponying up for the 2.7EB. I don't expect my Bronco to be a sports car but at the same time I don't want it to feel under powered either.

Unfortunately, if I won't have this opportunity I may go the 'safe' route and drop the 7-MT and get the 2.7EB.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stock Catch point was impossible to find on my 5.0. Bought the Steeda clutch spring and itā€™s perfext.
And that's why I'm not too worried; Aftermarket will immediately fix it

Wish we had input from the test drivers on how it feels

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope not at all. I'm coming from a 4Runner TRD Pro, lifted with 33" LT ATs. I'm betting the ride and driving characteristics will be very similar to the Badlands that I'm ordering. Only point of concern for me will be the thin hard top and road noise but I can get used to that. Of course I will test drive it before signing the papers.
Sponsored