Sponsored

Anyone still on the fence without knowing final price and test driving?

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't want to crush your hopes and dreams, and I do hope that the Bronco has good mileage. But, I suspect, that this is not one of those vehicles you buy with economy as your first motive.

Perhaps take a look at the Sport? It seems to be a little bit more economically friendly.
The sport? Gross lol, I'll just sacrifice the MPG before getting the Sport lol
Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m going to need to see some road tests/reviews first. Will the Bronco make a livable daily driver for family duties? The Wrangler does not (for me).

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco seems like an awesome vehicle, I think Ford nailed it and I think there are tons of trims and options, with that being said I still canā€™t seem to pull the reservation trigger. Iā€™m really waiting for the build simulator goes live. I really need to have a real idea of what costs will be...
I have never bought a vehicle without driving, feeling It out 1st either..

anyone else having these same thoughts?
No, I believe in love at first sight. When I first saw the 2015 Mustang online in redline it took my breath away and we've been together ever since. No one else has made me feel this way until the 2018 JL and now the 2021 Bronco

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am pretty 100% decided on bronco but I really need that build and price to come online. I have not reserved yet though for a few different reasons.

1. need to know prices of options
2. My vehicle timeline has me on the fence. Wife's car will be paid off in July 2021, my lease ends November 2021. Can't have it show up early and juggle 3 payments but don't want to wait and not be able to find one on the lot or try and time up ordering one later

acemics

Base
First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I reserved the black diamond, but I may change to the base with Sasquatch if the pricing is less. I hesitated for a few days before I put in the reservation, but I am glad that I did. I can get the $100 back if I change my mind and at least I have a place in the queue at this point. It is all going to come down to the final price for me and how much I can pull together for a down payment and what the monthly payment will be. When I see the final monthly payment number then I will know if I can do it or if I will have to wait.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For me the only real question is what do I do when I find out I can't afford what I want? :) Do I downgrade and give up features, or do I wait it out for a few years until the Used market and depreciation takes it toll. (Yeah like I have patience)

I don't want to be driving around in the most expensive vehicle I've ever bought (and I've bought a lot) thinking about how nice it would have been to have feature X & Y.

I haven't had to finance my last 4 cars (3 new, 1 use) so having a car payment might sting quite a bit. I try to stay positive and think... it's going to hurt, but for 5-6 years but then the pain would be over I guess?

What I'm blown away with is what the "average" car payment is now-a-days. Google says $500 per month. I did a calculator using 5% interest and with even half down it's still damn expensive... I just don't know how people swing it.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The sport? Gross lol, I'll just sacrifice the MPG before getting the Sport lol
I think if you got the 2 door, with the 2.3 and the non-Sas then you have a good chance. But up the wheel size, or go with the 2.7 and good luck. I'm hopeful as well but if you go to Fuelly and compare the Ranger with 2.3 and the F-150 with 2.7 you are like at ~20 mpg.

It is going to hurt me as well. Currently my car gets avg 33+ and I'm heavy footed with a 2.5L I4 and have to commute 64 miles per day.

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco seems like an awesome vehicle, I think Ford nailed it and I think there are tons of trims and options, with that being said I still canā€™t seem to pull the reservation trigger. Iā€™m really waiting for the build simulator goes live. I really need to have a real idea of what costs will be...

The online build simulator will help a lot, but Iā€™m certainly still deciding if I need a truck like this as my daily driver, including how many longer family trips we make to the in-laws.

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The new Bronco looks good, but not totally sold. Imho the JL is better looking, but with the quality problems. To each their own, I personally see zero need to "reserve" anything; are you kidding me? All the details aren't even out yet, we don't even know what the exact cost will be. I'm in no hurry and totally immune to the hype.

jw333

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reservation is a $100 refundable deposit. It is fun to talk about it like it is a winning lottery ticket except you have the option of getting your money back.
I put my reservation in for a Black Diamond 2dr.... I will be getting a 4dr. That being said, the Bronco appears to be a pretty modular design. I hope to be able to purchase aftermarket or factory parts I do not order initially.
I am not calmly waiting for the configurator before I get too excited. I would like to play around with option packages and the millions of parts to configure. I need to do this to wrap my brain around a ballpark cost and feasibility.
I have not ordered or purchase a brand new vehicle before. I will and am enjoying participating in the process.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The reservation is a $100 refundable deposit. It is fun to talk about it like it is a winning lottery ticket except you have the option of getting your money back.
I put my reservation in for a Black Diamond 2dr.... I will be getting a 4dr. That being said, the Bronco appears to be a pretty modular design. I hope to be able to purchase aftermarket or factory parts I do not order initially.
I am not calmly waiting for the configurator before I get too excited. I would like to play around with option packages and the millions of parts to configure. I need to do this to wrap my brain around a ballpark cost and feasibility.
I have not ordered or purchase a brand new vehicle before. I will and am enjoying participating in the process.
Prepare for sticker shock.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, itā€™s a refundable amount of $100, not exactly earth shattering commitment required.

spiG

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 BD/20 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Its a refundable $100. I figured i'd rather reserve one now, once the build and price comes out and more info i can always cancel my reservation or continue. BUT if i didn't reserve and they shut it down and i actually one one i'm SOL.

PNW_Bronco94

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Same. I'll wait until I have a better idea of the options and packages, and get a chance to drive both. I'm 99% on the 2.3/manual train, but I want to drive the 2.7 as well.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's funny but everyone talks about the $100 being refundable... but it is and it isn't. Fine print says refundable until you order. Sounds like Orders will be happening in Dec well before the production happens.. heck... maybe even before any of us get to see one in person or see any reviews about people (credible) test driving them.

Maybe someone can correct me but pretty much figuring if I back out, that $100 is a gonner.
Sponsored