Sponsored

Anyone taken their Bronco to and down through Baja, or planning to?

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Obviously there's been some race teams down there, just wondering if any privateers have made the plunge yet? Have a trip planned for ~Feb '23, assuming (hoping) I'll have mine before then and can make sure to work through any bugs and get it set up. More overlanding set-up not racing.

Figure it should be able to work fine, but it would be a bit of a leap of faith.
Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will probably will be down there Nov 2022 to meet up with a buddy doing the offgrid living thing in his F450. Was suppose to be this winter but his build is taking about as long as Ford is with these Broncos.

OP
OP

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, we're doing the Baja XL late Jan/Feb '23. Basically it's a navigation rally (geo-tracking Easter egg hunt), almost all off-road (if you're doing the full competition like we are) that covers 4-5000km in 10 days. Did it earlier this year, it got messed up by Covid and the politics of Baja Sur, but was a blast in any case. Did it in my '96 4Runner with 360k miles on original drive train. Really hope in a new Bronco will be able to survive as well. I already know the ride will be 1000% better.
Sponsored