First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Spare tire delete is not a “Jeep” thing. It’s more of a mall crawler thing. Off roaders know the value of that 100lbs of dead weight back there.

If you want a tire carrier you will need a rear bumper that is designed for that tire carrier. You can’t attach a tire carrier to a stock bumper. You also can’t put a poison spyder tire carrier on a smittybuit atlas bumper. They are two individual pieces made for each other specifically.

So if you want a tire carrier and steel OEM bumpers are an option then save your money and don’t get a Ford steel rear bumper. After market tire carriers are gonna run you $1000 easily.

Ford Bronco Anyone thinking of Spare Tire Delete?? 8C801FED-E835-42F8-971A-16908FB3362F

Yes, the window sticker says “Hummer recover vehicle”

And that spare is a 33” tire
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just can't understand why they couldn't do a swing out for the tires and then a tailgate.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just can't understand why they couldn't do a swing out for the tires and then a tailgate.
I suspect the weight of some of these larger tires makes the proposition of body mounting points difficult. I always liked the swing away tire carrier on the Bronco and Bronco II.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reason not listed: No, I have tried Ford's "tire inflator kit".

jwcalde13

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch , 2022 F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm looking for an oem take off spare tire carrier if anyone has one. Please message me. Thanks!

Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plenty of reasons for spare tire delete if not going wheeling. My last two cars didn’t come with a spare tire.
Should I mount one the back of them? Ford has pretty much proven that the Bronco’s back door is inherently deficient. Many many people have reported rattling and creaking sound from the door due to the tire. Others have completely bent and crushed the door from the tires weight.
Removing the tire would greatly improve the door operation and improve rear visibility. Trailer towing and hitch access improvement. How about that bike carrier? Oh yes the 80 to 100 pounds off the back. Cleaning spare and associated areas are never easy. Is anyone really going to change a tire on the side of the highway on snow, heavy traffic, on a slope?
There are numerous other problems that can disable a vehicle, do you have a fix for all?
I guess some folks are prone to problems but I have really
never needed a spare in my life. Anybody have a cellphone?
The spare tire is a style statement for most. Ever seen a bad/ugly cover?
I have seen a delete kit with the camera and plate mount that looks kinda nice. Many more will come.
Just saying.

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I deleted the spare on my JK. I toss it in the back when I feel like I might need it. Rear seat never comes with me. No one wants to sit in the back of a 2 door JK.

The FZL80 has its spare strapped in the cargo area. Plenty of room for it.

The 2 door Bronco will most likely get the rear seat or seats removed with provision to strap a spare back there when I think I might need it.
Sponsored