Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still on the fence with this,B&P will let me know for sure which way i go
Completely agree. Once B&P comes out I'll know if I'm locked in or waiting. I'll build my perfect bronco then compare what that amount buys me in terms of competition. Although I cant wait for the bronco, I'm also not looking to get taken advantage of.
Sponsored

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same here, and pay cash if you can. I'm waiting for the next big bomb to drop: financing!

If Ford does something wonderful like offer 0% for 24 months, I'll put down a chunk of cash (leave the rest in a money market), finance the rest, and pay it off in two years. If not, then cash it is.

yeah, I think interest rates were a lot higher when that book was written....nowadays, you can get pretty good interest on loans and good returns on investments. I usually put down half and pay off in two years also. But on the FJ I just paid cash, debating this one...

Reactions: sjp

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm one of the few that doesn't mind waiting a bit. My lease ends in nov of 21 so don't want my bronco to show up before that. Waiting on b&p then gonna reserve at the last possible minute. If mine is technically a 22 model or shows up in 22 that doesn't bother me

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have my hopes up due to the places they're using for testing. Most cars go over some gravel or a series of speed bumps and get the thumbs up as long as they don't blow up. Ford has taken these to the Rubicon, Moab, and Johnson Valley.

Like a great captain once said, "if anything's gonna happen, it's gonna happen out there."

giphy (51).gif
Possibly the most accurate post this board has ever had.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm waiting. I want to see it in person and drive one first. So I'll be a ways behind all you reservation folks and I'm OK with that.....until it rips me apart seeing them being driven.

Sponsored

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I'm sure as been said, missing the option for those who have already been waiting.

This is my fourth year of waiting for this specific model. Really, you could say this is my 15th year waiting for a Bronco to return.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm concerned about the manual, but I will probably just avoid pushing it on trails or at stoplights for a while longer than I otherwise would have.

The other high-risk areas that need to be done right the first time are the tops and seals, the disconnect, and that Navy Blue interior...so hot! ;) ?

I'm going to light that mfker up at every opportunity. When the years and mileage surpass the warranty I'll take it easy with the peace of mind that it'll hold up to what I've already put it through.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting. I want to see it in person and drive one first. So I'll be a ways behind all you reservation folks and I'm OK with that.....until it rips me apart seeing them being driven.
I wonder how many you will actually see.

I was playing with the math: if 75% of 200,000 get made (an overestimation), that is 150,000 Broncos that will start popping up in June through the rest of 2021.

Divide that among 50 states (knowing there won't be an even divide) and that averages 3000 per state on the high side. Lower than that is more realistic.

That doesn't seem like a lot of coverage. I'm in a large state with an outdoor population and it still makes me wonder how many times I will pass one by on the road.

And when I do, what are the chances I don't know him or her?

I don't see many 2-door Jeeps driving around Orlando - and when I do, the vast majority are many years old.

That might help those waiting - as I think it will be few and far between when you see one in a parking lot.

Toastedtostito

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The 2 most expensive things that usually have problems in 1st year vehicles are the engine and the transmission. However, both of these are not new to the bronco. The 2.3 is in the ranger and the 2.7 is in the F150. The 10 speed auto is in many ford vehicles, and the MT is.... a manual transmission. So do we really have to worry about much?

The answer is to cancel your reservation and wait for the question to be answered in real time.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The tranny in my 2012 started making noise right at the five year mark when the warranty expired. It's been four years and it's still holding but that was a real piss off. What is up with yours?
Coolant system issues. Replaced plastic outlet bolted to the block and a few smaller hoses, thought it was fixed but I can smell coolant and I have to check the coolant every few days.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Username checks out. ;)

I'm going to light that mfker up at every opportunity. When the years and mileage surpass the warranty I'll take it easy with the peace of mind that it'll hold up to what I've already put it through.
I'm mostly going to wait on testing the limits on the trails and avoid trying to show off at stoplights for the first year. Just gonna give it the wedding night treatment instead of the prom night flogging.

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All depends on the deal. If I can’t get one for a number that I feel is fair, I will wait. Already purchasing one with highest opportunity for issues. I’m not going to pay a dealer mark up when I could wait a year and half and save $5000 plus. Same goes for interest rate at time of purchase. I don’t expect 0% but not gonna drop my pants just so I can be an early adopter.

Villageidit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4X4 Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm old, not waiting anymore. I've put off too many things in my life. I'm blowing the bonus I got at work plus my accumulated vacation time payout on this. Plus the men in my family tend to die young.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would keep my current day 2 reservation if I had gone back to my pre-covid income by now, but based on a meeting we had last week I’m probably going to be on a 25% pay cut until at least March or April. So I’m 90% sure I’m going to do the Granger October deal at this point. It sucks but this is why I bought my Jeep in the first place, to at least tide me over until Bronco was here. Will be worth the 8-9 month wait to be able to get the V6/Sasquatch/black diamond vs probably having to cut one of those things out if I kept my current res.
Sponsored