Sponsored

Anyone tried to remove colored AC vent slider yet?

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone tried removing and swapping the colored AC vent sliders yet? Curious to see how easy it is to do, and whether we should let accent color dictate exterior color. (anyone else hate how Ford decided to tie interior color accents to trim?) I know the seats also have colored accents, but I can probably live with that.

Thanks
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone tried removing and swapping the colored AC vent sliders yet? Curious to see how easy it is to do, and whether we should let accent color dictate exterior color. (anyone else hate how Ford decided to tie interior color accents to trim?) I know the seats also have colored accents, but I can probably live with that.

Thanks
The interior accents have been my biggest complaint! It actually keeps me from going to the higher trims because I hate the clash of rapid red with blue accents inside or cyber orange, etc. A lot of people don't seem to mind it but it drives my ocd of matching/complimentary colors.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also curious if anyone has thought about replacing the elastic door beverage holders with a matching color.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe that's why God created black sharpies. On the 8th day I believe.

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thanks
Yeah, the color accents by trim certainly aren't my favorite part of the interior. With Iconic Silver I'm good w/ the orange accents but with blue or red...c'mon man

Sponsored

Mike5681

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
More Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, the color accents by trim certainly aren't my favorite part of the interior. With Iconic Silver I'm good w/ the orange accents but with blue or red...c'mon man
That's why Base rules. 😎

OP
OP
peta8368

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's why Base rules. 😎
or big bend to unlock some options. I don't disagree, but debating going up to black diamond for $2000 more and get the front and rear steel bumper, sliders, and the skid plates. MGV or not doesn't matter to me too much (leaning toward cloth so it doesn't get too hot in the sun)

It looks like I can just about get both bumpers, sliders, and skid plates for about $2000 for a JL Wrangler, but the limited aftermarket options at this moment is going to drive up pricing.

this is why the accent color becomes an concern..

torn.........

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford really goofed on the accent colors. One of those ideas that is great on paper but lacking in implementation.

I've yet to see a way to remove the smaller detail pieces and it didn't seem like it was going to be easy when I started poking at the demo vehicle.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford really goofed on the accent colors. One of those ideas that is great on paper but lacking in implementation.

I've yet to see a way to remove the smaller detail pieces and it didn't seem like it was going to be easy when I started poking at the demo vehicle.
Reminds me of the red dash on Wranglers. It is too much. Especially when you can see the exterior color on the inside of the vehicle. What happened to neutral tones? At the very least, let us choose between two options. Something that pops(current accent colors) or something neutral.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reminds me of the red dash on Wranglers. It is too much. Especially when you can see the exterior color on the inside of the vehicle. What happened to neutral tones? At the very least, let us choose between two options. Something that pops(current accent colors) or something neutral.
YES. That TERRRRRIBLE red dash in the Jeeps.. Jesus. It single handedly stopped me from buying a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget, in another promise Ford tossed aside like so many delaminated roofs, they were adamant that there would be a neutral accent (think black/gray) color for all the interiors. It is just another bait and switch, nothing to see here.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES. That TERRRRRIBLE red dash in the Jeeps.. Jesus. It single handedly stopped me from buying a Rubicon.
I did a B&P on a new Wrangler just to compare things and see if I could really commit to a Wrangler, always liked them growing up. Once I saw the render of green exterior with the red dash clashing, I couldn't help but think of Christmas and how much I would hate seeing it every time I got in the vehicle.

OP
OP
peta8368

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Color is just a social construct, a reflection of radiated energy, man.
sure, but I don't want the exterior of my car to reflect a warm glow of orangy happiness, while the inside hints at an antisocial vibe of blue. I may be a walking irony, but I don't need to advertise that to the world.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

B..b..but it's all modular, you see. You can pull things off by hand, with a pair of pliers or vise-grips, a common, readily available torx bit, or fire in a pinch. 🔥📛👩‍🚒🚒🧯🔥
The grab handles and chicklets are mostly removable without much issue, who knows what they cost, but it's the door pocket and seat trim, shitty seat colors and dash colors like navy pier, bronze, "I hate my life" tan/Grey, etc. And no damn cloth on a Badlands...
Sponsored