Sponsored

Anyone tried to remove colored AC vent slider yet?

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did a B&P on a new Wrangler just to compare things and see if I could really commit to a Wrangler, always liked them growing up. Once I saw the render of green exterior with the red dash clashing, I couldn't help but think of Christmas and how much I would hate seeing it every time I got in the vehicle.
IDK what you mean? Green and red always looks good together.

Ford Bronco Anyone tried to remove colored AC vent slider yet? christmas car

(sarcasm)
Sponsored

Woods

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
sure, but I don't want the exterior of my car to reflect a warm glow of orangy happiness, while the inside hints at an antisocial vibe of blue. I may be a walking irony, but I don't need to advertise that to the world.
Strange. I selected the anti-social blue, to accentuate the exterior mourning black.

CPTJoe2019

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
B..b..but it's all modular, you see. You can pull things off by hand, with a pair of pliers or vise-grips, a common, readily available torx bit, or fire in a pinch. 🔥📛👩‍🚒🚒🧯🔥
The grab handles and chicklets are mostly removable without much issue, who knows what they cost, but it's the door pocket and seat trim, shitty seat colors and dash colors like navy pier, bronze, "I hate my life" tan/Grey, etc. And no damn cloth on a Badlands...
No cloth on Bandlands! My only gripe. Would of ordered a Bandlands if there was cloth. Went SAS OBX, to get the high package.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was going with Race red on my OBX, but when the wife said she liked Area 51 better I changed with no problem. It will match the blue trim pieces and the strage blue stitching on the seats. I will never understand blue stitching on brown seats. :)

BTW, I did consider the Navy Pier seats, but I wanted more contrast between the outside, and inside. At least the blue stitching in the brown seat covers will match the exterior. :rolleyes:

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will not be long before 3rd party grab handles and such are out. That shouldn't drive your decision on trim IMO.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As anyone can tell from my avatar, those 'orange' accents on the Badlands, COMPLETELY turned me off that model. I had to have the Ford Factory Rep assure me that the Wildtrak would have blue accents - which are acceptable to me, but Grey would be better - sealing the deal to pick that model. I'm sure there's a TON of folks in Austin, Knoxville or even Clemson & Gainesville that really like that offensive color, but for me it's a BIG TIME deal breaker! Nope, no way, no how!

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

YES. That TERRRRRIBLE red dash in the Jeeps.. Jesus. It single handedly stopped me from buying a Rubicon.
Same. I went to buy a new Rubi last year and saw that dash, complained to my wife, and she said I should look at the Broncos. I did and a year later here we are :)

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

B..b..but it's all modular, you see. You can pull things off by hand, with a pair of pliers or vise-grips, a common, readily available torx bit, or fire in a pinch. 🔥📛👩‍🚒🚒🧯🔥
The grab handles and chicklets are mostly removable without much issue, who knows what they cost, but it's the door pocket and seat trim, shitty seat colors and dash colors like navy pier, bronze, "I hate my life" tan/Grey, etc. And no damn cloth on a Badlands...
100% agree on the lack of cloth on a Badlands.. I reserved MGV, Rapid Red… as a Chiefs season ticket holder, the yellow accents worked. Now that I’m bumped to a 22, Rapid Red is out, so I’m looking at Silver OBX to get the cloth I want, and will add wheels/tires to get the look I want. The interior color makes it tough. I like the Green, but the cloth options or MGV don’t match at all. I’m hoping FY22 opens up some options.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, the color accents by trim certainly aren't my favorite part of the interior. With Iconic Silver I'm good w/ the orange accents but with blue or red...c'mon man
Orange and blue is a great combo!

Gatlinz

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, F-250, Edge and soon to be Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The interior accents have been my biggest complaint! It actually keeps me from going to the higher trims because I hate the clash of rapid red with blue accents inside or cyber orange, etc. A lot of people don't seem to mind it but it drives my ocd of matching/complimentary colors.
Hey, i am looking for the blue accents (i have a OBX VB that will be here in 2 weeks) in terested in trading still for light grey?

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone tried removing and swapping the colored AC vent sliders yet? Curious to see how easy it is to do, and whether we should let accent color dictate exterior color. (anyone else hate how Ford decided to tie interior color accents to trim?) I know the seats also have colored accents, but I can probably live with that.

Thanks
Here is another thread about swapping out the entire vent
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/remove-replace-hvac-air-vents-diy-how-to-video.28160/
Sponsored