Sponsored

Anyone try to install one if these Rigid lights as a 3rd brake light yet ? ? ? ?

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did it my Jeep - mounted it inside my spare (37). Worked great. Likely will do it when I put 37s on my bd sas.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did it my Jeep - mounted it inside my spare (37). Worked great. Likely will do it when I put 37s on my bd sas.
How did you like the light? Also do you think it could be put in and replace the current third brake light over the spare tire?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fast Intentions (@Fast Intentions Inc. ) is making a universal bracket for chase lights that mount to the spare tire. The Rigid light that you mention might be a good candidate with it's combined functionality to mount on that bracket.

Ford Bronco Anyone try to install one if these Rigid lights as a 3rd brake light yet ? ? ? ? 1658972689759

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you have a picture?

Sponsored

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Michael Grasso

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the stock Badlands wheels and am curious on something: I'd like to order their bracket and extended lugs, but place their mount behind the wheel so it goes over the spare mount... Then, I want to find a tiny light to mount to that bracket, but mounted just such that it peeks out the TDC wheel hole facing backwards as a rear chase light. That way, I don't have to take off the light anytime I need the spare, but still have a small unobtrusive light when I need one.

I may have to bend the bracket to follow the slant of the spare tire carrier and then adjust the light mount to account, but do you think it's possible? I'm not very handy, but thought it may work?

Thanks for any/all insight!

(This kit: https://www.rigidindustries.com/2021-bronco-rear-chase-pod-light-kit-46727.html but with different rear lights hooked up to the upfitters, not the brake lights. Or, who does custom brakets or just bolt into the spare carrier. I have the space between the wheel spokes to put the lights back in there, but the rest of this kit with the extended bolts and starting place of a bracket appeal...
Ford Bronco Anyone try to install one if these Rigid lights as a 3rd brake light yet ? ? ? ? single chase
)

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Fast Intentions (@Fast Intentions Inc. ) is making a universal bracket for chase lights that mount to the spare tire. The Rigid light that you mention might be a good candidate with it's combined functionality to mount on that bracket.

Ford Bronco Anyone try to install one if these Rigid lights as a 3rd brake light yet ? ? ? ? Double Chase
I found an almost identical kit from Baja Designs and installed it. It's probably the perfect location for off road use and to deter tail-gaters, but I now am required carry an additional socket for the outside hardware and an extra deep socket to remove the splines that come with the kit. Always have an impact in the back so that wasn't anything more. But it's a lot more steps when changing out a tire now.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just went with the ring. Really bright and can’t see it when it’s off.

Ford Bronco Anyone try to install one if these Rigid lights as a 3rd brake light yet ? ? ? ? 10F40D91-887D-4EFF-8EEB-0B915854BBC2

Ford Bronco Anyone try to install one if these Rigid lights as a 3rd brake light yet ? ? ? ? 03450536-D366-43F7-8213-F736764BF035

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone sell those extended threaded lugs separately? $300 + is hard to swallow for those kits.

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone sell those extended threaded lugs separately? $300 + is hard to swallow for those kits.
Since I had one of the Rigid Chase lights on my jeep - I called Rigid to see if they would sell me just the bracket and the lug nut extensions for the Bronco. I was told they do not sell anything separately, so you have to buy the whole kit. So that’s what I did, I’m waiting for it now as it was back ordered but I ordered the whole kit and will wind up selling my other chase like that was on the jeep.
frankly, it’s kind of crappy they won’t just sell you what you need since I’m already a customer of theirs and probably have over $4000 in rigid lights.

OP
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500 and Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since I had one of the Rigid Chase lights on my jeep - I called Rigid to see if they would sell me just the bracket and the lug nut extensions for the Bronco. I was told they do not sell anything separately, so you have to buy the whole kit. So that’s what I did, I’m waiting for it now as it was back ordered but I ordered the whole kit and will wind up selling my other chase like that was on the jeep.
frankly, it’s kind of crappy they won’t just sell you what you need since I’m already a customer of theirs and probably have over $4000 in rigid lights.
I hope you write review and post photos after you receive it. Will it also work as a reverse light or only as a third brake light?

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope you write review and post photos after you receive it. Will it also work as a reverse light or only as a third brake light?
You can use it as a reverse light. It had a running light and brake light that were both red. But I think they sell other versions and you can get other colors. The one I had had a tail light, a brake light, a reverse light, and the license plate light in case you put your plate underneath it.
However, the reverse light wasn’t bright enough to really help with my jeep and I’m not gonna try to use it in this car. For reverse I wound up using a pair of side, shooter, rigid cube lights.
Sponsored