Sponsored

Anyone waiting out for the Warthog? Expected price for Warthog?

Iamten7

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Delete
Sponsored

Last edited:

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a reservation in but strongly considering waiting out a year and seeing what the Warthog (Raptor?) has to bring.

Now the prices have been released, what are some expected prices for the Warthog/Raptor variant?
I want the Raptor/Warthog as well, but I can't wait any longer. I got the FE edition and I will mod as I beat it upon the elements. Of couse, a stronger 3.0 engine or greater was the main reason for me to wait, but hey I really don't like getting horrible gas mileage either. I had the 07 TRD FJ Cruiser and took it to Moab and Colorado for a full week of 4-wheeling and it was great. Ran 33" mud terrain tires with a 3" lift and stock rock rails and it literally did everything I threw at it. That engine was a 4.0 with less than 300 HP & Torque on an auto 5 spd and felt strong as hell to me. Got about 18-22 mpg on average. With that said the 2.7 should be the sweet spot for this type of vehicle especially with a custom tune if need be.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am waiting for the "Warthog." Or whatever it ends up being called. I have no idea on price or timing though!

Does anyone here have any thoughts on the timing and price?

Also, will this be a limited run with dealer allocation, then we all fight to have one with dealer markups etc.... Or will this be as simple as checking a box that says "you want awesome? Click here!"

I'm not familiar with how the Raptor works, it's likely to be similar to that.

Thanks!

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would assume it will be a dealer allocation vehicle. Raptors were initially over MSRP, and people paid it. Prices have settled down with Raptors and deals can now be had.

ferbm

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple SUVs, couple clunkers, one sweet ride.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So if you want a Warthog and don't want to get gouged for it, you are likely looking at two or more years post launch. Maybe 2024? I might have to click over to that bridge vehicle thread again! ;)

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs