Sponsored

Anyone wanting an option to upgrade OBX tires to at least the band lands 33’s?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did the spreadsheet pricing tool again. As long as the sound deadening is the same on both, once you add the modular top and sound deadening, mid package, it’s not much higher than the OBX. It has the tires and wheels I want (33” seems like the sweet spot for me), making the net price really close. It has a lot of off road hardware for the $ too. I wish I knew how the vinyl would actually feel. I like the idea of vinyl floors , but generally prefer cloth seats. I am also trying to figure out what will have the best resale. If I can buy it, try it and sell it if I want different trim in a year, without loosing much cash, that would be an option too. Assuming I get mine early and they are still in short supply in 2022. I also assume by late 22 they will be caught up and maybe even offering some incentives.
Sponsored

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes I want the wheels and tires that are on this Oxford White Badlands On the Ford Bronco site, it appears that all of the different wheels are available as an option but doesn't list tires.
Ford Bronco Anyone wanting an option to upgrade OBX tires to at least the band lands 33’s? 1601766215429

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I reserved an OBX but like most the wheel tire combo is puny. Doing the math and adding 2.7, sasquatch, and hard top I'm at Wildtrak territory.

I don't want vinyl (or leather) in a topless vehicle with the Georgia heat and humidity.

Either trim would go up one to the high package.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’ve been ok with the OBX pizza cutters they are putting on the trim and will definitely be switching out but if they have an option to lift 2” and put 33 to 35’s on there I’m wondering if Ford will have some kind of upgrade like that on the B&P and before anyone says it, I know I can buy the badlands haha still I like the outer banks trim just my taste I guess.

Update: on to dinner so I fixed my word slip, pizza cutters it is ?
Most women don’t care for big tires.

Sponsored

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
’22 Badlands, ‘23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
33s should be the standard tire across the board. Different wheels with each trim level, fine. 35s on WT and FE, fine. Sad that along with the price of the vehicle we need to pay to upgrade the tires and wheels. Hope B&P gives us some options to upgrade, if not, decision time.

Lindy08

Outer Banks
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve been thinking about this from the jump. What wheel size has the most options on tire sizing? 15/16/17? Looking at KO2s, there were fewer tire options for 18”

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would love to have the Badlands Wheels and tires as an option for the OBX trim.

Sponsored

aouvrier

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They should fit fine without any rubbing right?
Hard to be sure at this point in time since we don’t have an actual bronco to look at, but given those tires are only 1 inch larger in diameter and only about .75 of an inch wider, I would imagine they should fit without rubbing.
Sponsored