Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you really like the 2dr, and don't think people will be in the back seat other than rare occasions, then go for the 2dr. You can always use a cargo carrier or come up with a creative way to carry more stuff. Or bring less stuff. Listen to your gut on which to choose. And I'm a happy 4dr owner :)

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same deal here - no kids and mostly alone. No regrets at all after ~15 months. I've creatively fit 26" and large 29" BMX cruisers inside for times I don't feel like a hitch mount. Seats are folded most of the time and seems like plenty of room. I love the look of the 2 door enough that I'd rather get a small trailer than opt for a moar door.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope. I’m a 2Door guy. So far so good.

Planning a very simple removable DIY platform that retains the back seats. In a few years when my kids go to college I’ll yank the rear seats permanently.

Do I also want a full size pickup? Yes. However that’s not in the cards and I certainly would not trade my 2Door for one.

Sponsored

EJP-OB

Outer Banks
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nobody who bought a 2dr will admit to having regrets, even if they had some. It's sort of a "thing" between the 2s and the 4s. 😂

NeoS281

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zero regrets on the 2-door.

Usually just me and another person riding along. Occasionally I take a few passengers to the airport with their luggage and it always seems to work. The back seats lay down completely flat which helps with the cargo space

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here’s the other thing that I often think about.

If I can go backpacking for the weekend with a 65L pack, I can live out of the back of a 2Door like a king.

Besides, whatever size vehicle someone has my guess is at some point they will want a bigger one, it’s human nature. That said having been around the block within the outdoor camping gear world (plus age) I now subscribe to the less is more approach.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After nearly 3 years of exposure to 4drs they still haven't grown on me and I still think the proportions are awkward. Team 2dr for life.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After nearly 3 years of exposure to 4drs they still haven't grown on me and I still think the proportions are awkward. Team 2dr for life.
We'll convert you... Mark my word...

Sponsored

BootyWizard

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 Door Wildtrak | 1994 Toyota 4Runner.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
the cargo space in the 2 door with the back seats up is tiny. Barely enough space for a yeti 35 and small grocery crate. But with the seats down there is plenty of space. Was able to do a 2 week road trip and take multiple pieces of luggage, toiletrrees, snacks, some tools, etc.

the only thing for me is that it limits what I can buy at Home Depot. With the seats down, the rear cargo area is about 4 feet long, so not a lot of room for longer pieces of wood or furniture. That’s not that big of a problem for me though, as I have a 4 runner that can carry those larger items. Love the look and driving feel of the 2 door.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm all for whatever works for your situation. 2 door works for me and is the better looking of the 2. Practical? Probably not for some.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My only regret was there was no Mansquatch available at the time xD

dahandel

Badlands
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was lucky enough to have a 2 door while my current 4 door was in the ordering process. Loved it Manuel transmission felt like a little wanna be rally car. I do admit I like the 2 door look better but the 4 door has been more practical. If It wasn’t my daily driver I would have kept the 2 door in a heart beat.
Sponsored