Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

Gulftrack

Wildtrak
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco wild trak, 22 Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not at all. I absolutely LOVE IT. Most people ask why mine looks so much better than the others they see on the road, IMO : it’s a two door. That said, it’s just me and my wife most of the time. If I had young kids I might feel differently.
Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
P

Psssst…that’s a tailgate. 2 doors and a tailgate.

It swings on hinges just like a door. Now........ it's short door, but it's a Door to me. A tailgate drops down or lifts up, like the window.

It's all semantics, and I was just poking the bear a bit anyway.

Sponsored

wthayer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your comments make me wonder if you're the guy who bought my Bronco the dealer sold out from under me. Intrigued to see your rack setup as bike racks + associated gear are also my only logistical hurdle with the two door configuration. I love using a rear footwell for shoes/helmet/etc. I used my 4Runner trunk for that since you could roll down the tailgate window using the key!
I don't think it was me - mine's been sitting on a lot in Cali for a few months.

I'll post my rack setup once I get it built. The basic idea is to build a bracket that attaches to the spare tire carrier and allows a single roof-mount 1up rack to be mounted right behind the spare tire.

johntesi

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think it was me - mine's been sitting on a lot in Cali for a few months.

I'll post my rack setup once I get it built. The basic idea is to build a bracket that attaches to the spare tire carrier and allows a single roof-mount 1up rack to be mounted right behind the spare tire.
That's similar to the setup I had on my old Land Cruiser! A bit cumbersome in some ways but wayyy easier to access the trunk which is quite handy. Looking forward to seeing it!

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, 2 door looks better to me. Easier to park/maneuver on trails, more room in the garage. We already have a ginormous SUV, my wife's Defender. But mainly just looks better than the 4 door to me. Plus, cup holders in the back hah.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most people ask why mine looks so much better than the others they see on the road, IMO : it’s a two door.
Been there.

I don't think it's even so much the actual door count that looks off, but the extra wheelbase. Look at the XJ Cherokee, same wheelbase for 2dr/4dr and the 4dr looks just fine.

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
None. This isn't our only vehicle. 2 kids grown and out of the house...we have a 14 year old, but she climbs in the back sometimes. This is my our "fun car" in our middle age and we don't view it as a family vehicle or a vehicle to haul around a bunch of people or stuff..not only don't I regret the 2 door, I wouldn't have purchased a 4 door.

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely,.............NOT!!
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? topside
Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? view 3

bcb1

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
There is no doubt that a 4 door is more practical. Easier to get groceries and stuff, open up the back door and pop in your coat, laptop, etc. But I'm super happy I bought my 2 door. No way that I'd trade it for a 4 door! Just on looks alone, the 2 door wins all day every day. It's just proportioned perfectly. Similar situation, our kids are grown, just me and my wife at home and in the Bronco, it's just me 95% of the time. I pulled out the rear seats and put in a carpeted platform to give me more load space back there.

I doubt that a 2 door would easily work for families with kids. It's just a pain in the ass to get in and out of the back even if you're nimble. But if it's just you, or you and the wife in the Bronco - then absolutely go with the 2 door!

rearplatform6.jpg

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been there.

I don't think it's even so much the actual door count that looks off, but the extra wheelbase. Look at the XJ Cherokee, same wheelbase for 2dr/4dr and the 4dr looks just fine.
You get out of here with your reasonable comments!

That being said, I have no idea how the hell I'd pack a 2DR for camping with the kiddo. My 4DR's cargo area is packed from the base to the ceiling, and both the front passenger and rear driver seats have shit on them too. I'd literally have to delete like 50% of my cargo :|

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I owned a 4 Door manual BD with 2.3L engine and sold it when my 2 Door BT with Squatch and 2.7l engine came in. I almost considered switching my order to the 4 Door we liked it that much. Biggest benefit for me was the soft top went all the way down on the 4DR. I bought the vehicle because I want to keep the top down as much as possible in the summer. The 2Door top sits on top of the roof and won't clear my garage door so I have to close it every time I put it back in the garage, it is a real PITA. I also was forced to buy a Hard top that will probably hang in my garage for the rest of its life. Don't get me wrong I love the looks of my 2 Door, but i really liked the looks of the 4 Door (not as much as 2 DR) and between the roof and extra space it was just more practical. My kids are all grown but we have dogs. Also the longer wheelbase on the 4 door makes for a better ride. Really comes down to personal preference, I doubt I will ever sell my two door but sometimes regret not having the four door. Very tough call.
Sponsored