Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

Natty Bumpo

Badlands
First Name
bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No regrets, I wanted to downsize from my Ram 1500 (although I gained in height I guess).

Back seats have stayed folded down since last summer, just my wife and I cruising around trails with plenty of room for gear. I have a Pakmule hitch mounted carrier for extra space if needed if bringing several big coolers or something like that.

You get used to the size pretty quickly. If it doesn't fit, maybe you don't need to bring it. ;)
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look man, youā€™re either in the 2 Dr Cartel or youā€™re not. Blood In, Blood Out! :oops:

Honestly, we only want the initiated. Based on all the info the OP shared, I donā€™t see the logic of the debate, but hey, the fear of the obscure chance of things are just that, but if you let that rule your life, that says it all.

For the rest of us, we donā€™t regret jack shit. Weā€™re loud, proud, and having fun wheeling around.

Also, dirt roads, fire, gravel, or whatever is wheeling. Anytime you leave the pavement, thatā€™s when the fun in life starts unless your pavement is a race track.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hard no.
Only way Iā€™d ever own a 4 door Bronco, is if Ford didnā€™t make a 2 door.

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 & 5 year old. My Bronco was supposed to be my daily driver and my wifeā€™s Sorrento was supposed to be the family hauler. Instead, my girls love it so much that itā€™s not only demanded for school drop off, but my 2 year old basically just asks for a ride in the Bronco, constantly.

itā€™s honestly not even problematic to get them in their seats, because I tend to just hop in the back with them and fasten them in whole damn near standing in the back. Itā€™s weirdly easier than getting them into the 4-Door SUV, because I donā€™t have to worry about reaching over them nor bumping their heads getting them in & out.

Even the dogs donā€™t seem to mind.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have a 2 & 5 year old. My Bronco was supposed to be my daily driver and my wifeā€™s Sorrento was supposed to be the family hauler. Instead, my girls love it so much that itā€™s not only demanded for school drop off, but my 2 year old basically just asks for a ride in the Bronco, constantly.

itā€™s honestly not even problematic to get them in their seats, because I tend to just hop in the back with them and fasten them in whole damn near standing in the back. Itā€™s weirdly easier than getting them into the 4-Door SUV, because I donā€™t have to worry about reaching over them nor bumping their heads getting them in & out.

Even the dogs donā€™t seem to mind.
I guess most of the youngsters today donā€™t realize that a large portion of the cars back in the day only had 2 doors. My kids grew up in the back of a Mustang (no, not a Mach e). Itā€™s only a problem if you make it a problem. As for a the gas tank or trunk sizeā€¦..same thing. If you want a 4 door, thatā€™s fine for you. But thatā€™s a big no for me.

ADK23

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Dr
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situationā€¦

no kids, 99.9% of the time itā€™s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the ā€œman I wish I had more spaceā€ thoughts causing regret.

I donā€™t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
Absolutely 2 door all the way ! As a matter fact, I just took delivery on Saturday and I am over the moon over this Bronco. Now Iā€™m an empty Nester and we do not need another large suv. so if youā€™re in a similar situation two-door however if you need your Bronco ad as a family car or you have kids or just need the extra room get the four-door. Either way , you canā€™t go wrong.

10235C5B-D3D1-4C46-BD9E-4CA09A17F8D0.jpeg

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just cracks me up every time I see it posted, for the simple fact that the poster has no clue the Wagon is the 2 door.:ROFLMAO:
The word I would replace "wagon" with in that meme would get me banned, lol.

Does the Mach E say "Mustang" or is it just the pony logo?
Just goes to show the 2 door crowd needs pictures to describe things, ie they can't read.....:ROFLMAO:
A pony? Or is it a mustang? Just proves four-door owners don't know how to tell two things apart. ;)

Maybe the Egyptians were totally stupid to you as well since they used pictures... they must not have been able to read...

OP only asked two-door owners if they have any regrets. My only regret is that the four-door exists... and the Sport... mostly the Sport.

Screenshot_20230322_220443_Chrome.jpg

Sponsored

Tripodbruno

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma(no more) F-250, Hiker Trailer, Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Team 2dr here - looks was the biggest factor for me but I also like smaller vehicles from a function standpoint.

currently driving a 4 door wrangler. Have a family of 4 and feel the 2 door is plenty good for us. Wifeā€™s car is usually the family mobile. 90% of the time it is just me or one of the kids.

maybe a minority opinion but I would possibly consider a 4 door as a single guy because I would be able to camp in the back and have all my stuff without any racks or cargo accessories (I do this now sometimes in the Jeep for solo trips. With the fam or even one other person there is no way around bringing extra stuff- racks, carriers, trailers etcā€¦

even more minority opinion- but I would love a 2 door with the wheelbase and space of the 4 door a la the first gen Jeep wrangler unlimited.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If I want more room than my 2 door Bronco has, I would just grab my long bed F-150 or hook up a trailer to the Bronco.

It really is as simple as that... and while it's hard to argue Kyle R's point how more doors equals more 304's.... LOL. I am not about that life anymore.

It's all about the two door... especially if you want the correct number of cupholders.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Old guy here. My off roadeo experience - the 4dr is fantastic. is a great vehicle! But I ordered a 2dr for the classic look and the short wheel base. Too me, the short wheel makes all the difference -- both off road or driving around town. Too fun.

Buckaroo

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a two door and my kids (8&9) deal with it but complain. Love the look and the handling but I would be on the fence of changing it if I could. Wouldnā€™t even think about it if the kids werenā€™t a consideration.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess most of the youngsters today donā€™t realize that a large portion of the cars back in the day only had 2 doors. My kids grew up in the back of a Mustang (no, not a Mach e). Itā€™s only a problem if you make it a problem. As for a the gas tank or trunk sizeā€¦..same thing. If you want a 4 door, thatā€™s fine for you. But thatā€™s a big no for me.
Itā€™s also worth noting that my girls constantly get sick in my wifeā€™s car, where weā€™ve yet to have an episode in my Bronco.

I assume the reason is visuals. They sit a little higher and the 2 year old has a 180 vantage outside the vehicle.

When in my wifeā€™s SUV, they sit a lot lower down, the window well is higher up, and thereā€™s structural bracing that impedes the 2 year oldā€™s vantage because sheā€™s seated backwards.

now, I know thatā€™s not a 2DR vs 4DR Bronco comparison, but itā€™s definitely made me feel better about getting the one i originally wanted.

it also takes up less space in the garage!
Sponsored