Sponsored

Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors?

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that video makes it sound like driving a 2 door is a sketchy proposition..."squirrely" ...mentioned its not stable at highway speeds and the rear can let loose at any moment. I owned a FJ40 and a '04 TJ and I didn't feel scared or nervous on the interstate....I mean the rear did the short wheelbased wiggle in the semi ditches on the interstate or uneven surfaces at times but I never felt afraid I was going to tip over. was that video a bit overblown on the road manners of the 2 door?
Well there's some serious bullshit in that video.

I've been highway driving my new 2 door since October in weekly 3 hour commutes, (heavy traffic, windy and rainy conditions), and never have I felt squirrelly in my 2 door or felt like the rear end was gonna get loose at any moment.

That thing is rock solid driving

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got my 2 door in May '22, no regrets. Usually alone but occasionally up to 3 passengers and it is comfortable. I hunt, fish, haul tools all the time. With the 2 door you dont have the convenience of rear doors for easily throwing stuff in. I wanted two door for the classic styling of what Bronco was always meant to be, turn radius, aesthetics of a vehicle intended for off road. That is what makes the Bronco unique and why I wanted to buy one.

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

this decision is making me nuts!

many wisdom passed my way is greatly appreciated!!
Not one regret.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After owning three 2-door Jeeps and one old 2-door Bronco, my wife told me I was buying a 4-door. Glad I got the 4-door Wildtrak.

Sponsored

springer

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition , 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The two-doors have the look - no doubt about it. I've had more compliments and positive comments about my two-door from strangers that I ever had with any of my other sports or muscle cars the past 40 years. Additionally, there is plenty of room in the back seat for the occasional passengers.

Personally, the four-door wasn't in the cards for me. I had no need for another four-door.

Two-door 1st Edition, lightning blue with metallic gray, powder coated trim rings.

Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? Img_0843.jpg.sm

Last edited:

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been going back and forth on getting a 2 dr or 4dr Bronco. I was wondering if anyone here bought a 2dr and now wished they had gotten a 4 dr.
My situation…

no kids, 99.9% of the time it’s just me or one other person going camping, fishing to the store or whatever. My worry is the space for cargo that has me second guessing the number of doors. Not that I haul a ton of crap but will there be the “man I wish I had more space” thoughts causing regret.

I don’t plan on wheeling, it will be exploring logging roads while in the PAC NW and desert roads when I head south for vacations.

The 2 dr seems more nimble for exploring the mountains and a lot easier around town. The 4 dr just seems huge to drive around but I spent decades driving an xtra cab Toyota pickup that is not as wide but is longer than a 4dr and it was fine.

Ugh Nooooo. 4 doors aren’t real broncos. Show me a factory 4 door first gen Bronco and I will apologize for my post.

Mr. R

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

that video makes it sound like driving a 2 door is a sketchy proposition..."squirrely" ...mentioned its not stable at highway speeds and the rear can let loose at any moment. I owned a FJ40 and a '04 TJ and I didn't feel scared or nervous on the interstate....I mean the rear did the short wheelbased wiggle in the semi ditches on the interstate or uneven surfaces at times but I never felt afraid I was going to tip over. was that video a bit overblown on the road manners of the 2 door?
I had an FJ Cruiser and it was "Squirrely" at highway speeds. The most notable was during sudden braking. The 2 door Bronco is a whole lot more stable. I have not had any issues at +65MPH speeds and hard braking. High winds do push a little bit but that is similar to any other flat sided vehicle.

J-Willz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love it! No issue with 3 passengers - actually more room in the rear seating area than the 4 Door. The access to the back is good just adjust either front seat up & let them enter... The only advantage I see with a 4 door is the trunk space... but I don't need it, so again I love my 2 Door!

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX, 2.3 Auto, 315’s, Fuel’s
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For the 2 door owners, can you fit a Gazelle T4 tent in it without having to run it between the front seats or at some weird angle sticking against the side? I ran into this with my 2 door JK and don't have one to compare it to. It fits great in the 4 door though.

Sponsored

DP29

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone with a 2 door regret not going 4 doors? B323B75E-E543-4373-A4FF-E6A073E3BFF8

Two door with rear seats removed gives me enough space for anything I want to do. Only regret is not building the seat delete platform myself. I can fit all of my recovery tools and camping equipment for two people no problem.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My situation…

I say this with only a touch of sarcasm, but it sounds like you need a 4Runner not a Bronco

Anyways, in my 2 door I carry a few bags of gear around for work and on my days off my wife, kid, and stroller load up just fine. You may have to get creative if you're going on an extended trip or something, but otherwise I think there are plenty of storage accessories to augment the existing space. And you can always pull the back seats if it gets dire.

Dingbat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars, bikes, canoes, sailboats…
Your Bronco Model
Base
Way overblown.
The handling and road manners of the 2D Bronco are nothing short of impressive. Complete confidence on the interstate even through tight construction zones with poorly laid out lane shifts etc.
The thing just hums along without a care in the world.

Base on 265/75/16 ATs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I only have two complaints about my 2dr. 1. Gas tank is 16 gallons, too freaking small.
2. Back seats dont fold down flat. The don't have to be flush with the rear space, but horizontal would sure be nice.
They actually do fold flat. I've had mine for 5 months and figured it out 3 days ago. The bottom of the seat flips forward, and then the seatback actually lays flat.

Still 8-10" higher than the rear, but at least it's flat.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I will say, the ONLY reason I wish I had a 4 door, is that almost every 3rd party vendor ignores the 2 door with aftermarket accessories. I understand why, 2 doors are a very small percentage compared to 4 door, but its damn annoying.
Sponsored