Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe I've seen that 3.7 Mustang transmissions bolt up to 3.5EBs. So adapters might already be out there to some degree.
The 2.7 EcoBoost, 3.5 EcoBoost, and 3.7 NA all share a bellhousing pattern. I have a V6 Mustang MT-82 bolted up to a 2.7 EcoBoost right now. It just required moving a bellhousing dowel, and then using the Mustang block plate, starter, flywheel, and pilot bearing. All bolt-on, no fabrication.

However, if you intended to keep it 4x4, you'd have to either fabricate a custom tailhousing that could accept a transfer case, or run a divorced-style transfer case, which would be difficult on a short wheelbase vehicle like a Bronco.

If you're already swapping the Coyote, I don't see why a Tremec, also from a Mustang, would be very difficult. I'd be satisfied with a 6+1 spd behind the 2.7 or 3.0, really.
Same problem as above - converting a 2wd transmission to 4x4 requires custom fabrication, hope you have access to a machine shop.

You could take a Corvette T56, attach a Mustang bellhousing to the front, and then a Transzilla transfer case adapter to the back. That would end up being (fairly) bolt-on.

https://motorator.com/blog/general-automotive/rsg-tranzilla-tremec-6-speed-conversion/
Sponsored

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been thinking someday I might buy a wrecked one, throw away ALL the electronics and swap in a built 302/5sp/9". Could be a net toy that would confuse most everyone. Basically go the opposite direction from the current trend of modernizing the drivetrain on classic vehicles.

OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that would be pretty awful to drive at 5k+ lbs and no torque.
Slap a blower and it'll make more than a Braptor does

OP
OP
Lèòn

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been thinking someday I might buy a wrecked one, throw away ALL the electronics and swap in a built 302/5sp/9". Could be a net toy that would confuse most everyone. Basically go the opposite direction from the current trend of modernizing the drivetrain on classic vehicles.
Ford Bronco Anyone working on a Trailcat Slayer? 1685472974414
Sponsored