Sponsored

Anyone's dealer requiring large ($1k) deposit?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What??

We are not taking additional money to order the Bronco's,

We have to trust folks and take them at their word...

Trust is not built on how much money we can hold over the customers heads...
Sponsored

Figment

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In WA state they can require a deposit to make a special order, however, it's not a legal agreement to buy and you can back out at any time.**

**HOWEVER, if you custom order a car, such as the "Christmas 7-series" that a buddy who was finance manager for BMW Seattle was forced to order (740iL bright green exterior with bright red leather interior and white headliner, it was HIDEOUS!), by law the dealer can hold your deposit until the vehicle you ordered sells, and if you ordered something which must be discounted to sell, such as the Christmas 7-series, then you're liable for the market loss the dealer incurred.

In that case, 8 months after delivery the dealership had to wholesale the vehicle off for $7K under MSRP just to dump it and the person who ordered was required to stump up the remaining $6K owed to the dealership for his stupid order..... (he rolled the $6K into purchasing a non-Christmas 7-series).

All that being said, for the Bronco, they would sell the vehicle quickly due to demand and probably give you your $1K back as soon as you refused delivery.
I would love to see this thing.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In WA state they can require a deposit to make a special order, however, it's not a legal agreement to buy and you can back out at any time.**

**HOWEVER, if you custom order a car, such as the "Christmas 7-series" that a buddy who was finance manager for BMW Seattle was forced to order (740iL bright green exterior with bright red leather interior and white headliner, it was HIDEOUS!), by law the dealer can hold your deposit until the vehicle you ordered sells, and if you ordered something which must be discounted to sell, such as the Christmas 7-series, then you're liable for the market loss the dealer incurred.

In that case, 8 months after delivery the dealership had to wholesale the vehicle off for $7K under MSRP just to dump it and the person who ordered was required to stump up the remaining $6K owed to the dealership for his stupid order..... (he rolled the $6K into purchasing a non-Christmas 7-series).

All that being said, for the Bronco, they would sell the vehicle quickly due to demand and probably give you your $1K back as soon as you refused delivery.
i would like a citation of the pertinent legal code that mandates this

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What??

We are not taking additional money to order the Bronco's,

We have to trust folks and take them at their word...

Trust is not built on how much money we can hold over the customers heads...
Your dealership puts a smile on my Face Albert!

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My dealer told me when the order banks open in December they will want $500.

Sponsored

Zraver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Pathfindet, 85 300zx
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have it in writing already yes on xplan no ADM no dealer mandatories 100 n 500 count towards down payment.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
i would like a citation of the pertinent legal code that mandates this
Cool, go ask a lawyer. I'm a Federal compliance auditor.

Just telling you what i've seen first hand from a finance manager of a dealership who was also a friend. This was in about 2010 if memory serves.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really hope that we see a $1000 deposit required on Bronco real orders in December. As it currently stands, dreamers can order their Bronco and not have any additional skin in the game beyond $100 until delivery Q2-Q4 2021. I assume if they decline delivery at that point the stock remains with the dealer.

I could see a lot of Broncos being available as dealer inventory from declined deliveries if the cost for dreaming remains at only $100 for this entire year.

Lets get the Broncos to the people in the queue that are actually going to buy it.
This is incorrect on many levels. Dreamers will be pushed out of the Q when it comes time to order and they need to put a deposit and pass a credit check. If they can’t/won’t do both of those they’ll be passed over.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This assumes a rather unlikely scenario. First, the dealer has a lot of reservations. Second, that dealer has a lot of customers go through with their orders without establishing pricing at time of order. How else would customers place an order and then be surprised at delivery with ADM? The only way that dealer gets the vehicle is if the customer places the order - and who is going to place an order without pricing info?

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
This assumes a rather unlikely scenario. First, the dealer has a lot of reservations. Second, that dealer has a lot of customers go through with their orders without establishing pricing at time of order. How else would customers place an order and then be surprised at delivery with ADM? The only way that dealer gets the vehicle is if the customer places the order - and who is going to place an order without pricing info?
Not me !!!

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone had issues with their dealer?? I went to the dealer that was nearest to me and the one Ford provided. I went to order, and they want a $1,000 deposit just to order the vehicle. I can see some deposit (even on top of the $100 for the reservation), but a grand seemed excessive. Anyone else have this issue??
Why are you ordering it thru the dealer? Wait for the online config to go up and use your reservation to make the order. Your dealer is just taking the order and processing it.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There will be a good percentage backing out. Dealers will be making serious cash on those when they put them on their lot. The more they reserve the more odds they'll have some to sell at their price. That's how i'd be looking at it if i were a dealer.
If you reserved one, but later back out, the dealer isn't getting your vehicle to sit on his lot.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you ordering it thru the dealer? Wait for the online config to go up and use your reservation to make the order. Your dealer is just taking the order and processing it.
Well you should get firm pricing from the chosen dealer prior to giving it to them to order...

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do NOT do it if it isn't explicitly stated as being refundable. A dealer requiring it to be non-refundable is not a dealer you want to be doing business with.
Yup... And likely that deposit binds you to the vehicle, to pay whatever the dealer ask upon delivery.
Sponsored