Sponsored

Anyone's dealer requiring large ($1k) deposit?

scottcenter10

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone had issues with their dealer?? I went to the dealer that was nearest to me and the one Ford provided. I went to order, and they want a $1,000 deposit just to order the vehicle. I can see some deposit (even on top of the $100 for the reservation), but a grand seemed excessive. Anyone else have this issue??
Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone had issues with their dealer?? I went to the dealer that was nearest to me and the one Ford provided. I went to order, and they want a $1,000 deposit just to order the vehicle. I can see some deposit (even on top of the $100 for the reservation), but a grand seemed excessive. Anyone else have this issue??
Don't walk....RUN from that dealer!!!

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fact that you can't order a Bronco yet, and won't be able to until December, could well be your first issue. Any dealership telling you that you can order a Bronco today is either grossly misinformed or up to something shady.

Sponsored
OP
OP

scottcenter10

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Went to order?? Build and Price won't be available until September and the order banks don't open up until December. Was this for a Bronco Sport?
Yes, I am ordering a sport.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol yeah please hold my money for at least a year for a product we don't know the price on yet...... How could that possibly go wrong ?

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I am ordering a sport.
Be sure and get the big motor, that 3 cylinder is a real blatant cost cutting measure. Very rough running. Motortrend, Edmunds, car and driver, consumers reports, etc... They all hammer that motor

Get the 4 cylinder or consider other options

fpGT350

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Viper RT/10; 09 AMG C63; 18 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, I believe you can order a Bronco Sport now, and a $1,000 deposit on a real factory order does not sound unreasonable to me.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I believe you can order a Bronco Sport now, and a $1,000 deposit on a real factory order does not sound unreasonable to me.
I really hope that we see a $1000 deposit required on Bronco real orders in December. As it currently stands, dreamers can order their Bronco and not have any additional skin in the game beyond $100 until delivery Q2-Q4 2021. I assume if they decline delivery at that point the stock remains with the dealer.

I could see a lot of Broncos being available as dealer inventory from declined deliveries if the cost for dreaming remains at only $100 for this entire year.

Lets get the Broncos to the people in the queue that are actually going to buy it.

Monkey

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition MAX, F-350, a Tesla, & More...
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I order lots of vehicles, mostly pickups. Typically it’s a $500 deposit at most Ford dealers, but this is the hot new item, so I don’t see $1000 as out of line. As long as it’s a deposit toward the full purchase price and not some additional fee. You should get your full price sheet for the order when you place it. Typically the deposit becomes non-refundable once the order is assigned a VIN and queued for production.

Spencer

Outer Banks
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean if you intend on getting the truck, I guess it's water under the bridge. But also sounds unreasonable, so I would go elsewhere.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
$500 was a common deposit for ordering 40 years ago. Dealers generally haven’t Increased it but a $1,000 is not unreasonable. Ask if its refundable. Unless your ordering something really unusual (hard to do with a Sport) that they don’t want on the lot, they are probably OK with it being refundable. I wouldn’t do $1,000 non-refundable on a common vehicle like a Sport, I’d order somewhere else or make your dealer an offer of $500 deposit — they will take it.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They will eventually require some of money down to separate serious buyers vs folks who just put the $100 deposit. My dealer told me late Q4 when they start taking orders and they'll require some type of deposit to actual place the order. They didn't know the amount yet, but I am sure 1K to 2500.
Sponsored