Sponsored

Anyone's dealer requiring large ($1k) deposit?

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really hope that we see a $1000 deposit required on Bronco real orders in December. As it currently stands, dreamers can order their Bronco and not have any additional skin in the game beyond $100 until delivery Q2-Q4 2021. I assume if they decline delivery at that point the stock remains with the dealer.

I could see a lot of Broncos being available as dealer inventory from declined deliveries if the cost for dreaming remains at only $100 for this entire year.

Lets get the Broncos to the people in the queue that are actually going to buy it.
Who’s your client? A two year old? Dreamers? Two adults are making an adult business agreement. Skin in the game is $500 by FMC statement. Period. Why are you definding a car salesman's greed?
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who’s your client? A two year old? Dreamers? Two adults are making an adult business agreement. Skin in the game is $500 by FMC statement. Period. Why are you definding a car salesman's greed?
I don’t think we’ve heard confirmation that Ford said specifically to ask for $500. I think $500 non-refundable will probably be enough to keep people from just ordering a Bronco, but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see dealers asking for more.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don’t think we’ve heard confirmation that Ford said specifically to ask for $500. I think $500 non-refundable will probably be enough to keep people from just ordering a Bronco, but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see dealers asking for more.
Agree. I think 500 dollars non refundable is just enough barrier to entry for those on the fence. If you're planning to shell out for the Bronco in 2021, 500 dollars is nothing to you to lock in your order

My dealership said only under extenuating circumstances can I get my 500 dollars refunded. I assume that meant death in family, loss of employment, get covid sick and have 60k in hospital bills, etc

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure where you are going with this...or what client you are referring to.

I wrote the post you are responding to in early Aug when only the $100 deposit was required. I was arguing for increasing the deposit required to ensure more Broncos got to the people who were actually going to accept delivery. Which is exactly what is happening.

My point back then was that with just a $100 deposit, I could see a lot more tire kickers complete the order process and disappear come delivery time. A $500-$1K deposit weeds out those people.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got asked for a $2k deposit.

i then proceeded to call Ford and I transferred my reservation lmao
Yeah that’s pretty extreme. I would personally expect $500 minimum $1250 max.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm more concerned with vehicle and option prices than the DP. Especially if refundable does not matter

FishingHawk

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge ST, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got asked for a $2k deposit.

i then proceeded to call Ford and I transferred my reservation lmao
I was also asked for a $2k deposit today. They said "Ford is requesting". I haven't seen anything drop from FMC. Thought maybe I missed something.

LimitlessTruth

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Totoya Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last I've heard from my dealer they are requesting another $900 upon them submitting the build, making it $1000 total and would be refundable.

Seems reasonable enough for me on a vehicle around $50k (my build is sitting at $56,505 I believe)

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was also asked for a $2k deposit today. They said "Ford is requesting". I haven't seen anything drop from FMC. Thought maybe I missed something.
Run. You are being lied to before you even get to order. Not the sort of business I'd want to deal with. Their dishonesty will permeate every contact...

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Last I've heard from my dealer they are requesting another $900 upon them submitting the build, making it $1000 total and would be refundable.

Seems reasonable enough for me on a vehicle around $50k (my build is sitting at $56,505 I believe)

I would expect a 400/900 deposit upon ordering. Fair enough. Hopefully they'll let me put in on my card so I'll get $15 cash back, that's lunch...:)...

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Posted in another, similar thread but my dealer has asked for 10% of MSRP. I’m in Alberta so wasn’t allowed to swap dealers. I was planning on at least that for a down payment so oh well, I guess...

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I spoke with Ford directly and they stated it will be a $500 deposit. That was the discussion they had with the dealers for the role out. The dealers are getting greedy. Period. Ford is using the "reservation transfer" to keep the dealers honest.

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's common on vehicles that are high demand. They only require it to make sure that you're serious about buying the vehicle and not just jerking them around.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's called dealer greed. FMC told me on a call it will likely be a $500 deposit at order time. The "Reservation transfer" was set up to keep the dealers honest. I used the transfer already to a dealer taking invoice and not asking beyond the $500. You need to exercise your options too.
Sponsored