Sponsored

Anyway to speed up truck sitting at rail yard?

audipwr1

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford and others
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My truck finally has arrived at the rail yard where its supposed to be picked up and transported to the dealer.

My dealer is telling me "the trucking service is contracted out by Ford, we cant control when the truck gets your Bronco and brings it here" Kindly they are telling me once it arrives they will put it through dealer prep first ahead of the rest of the arrivals which I appreciate.

1. Is this true?
2. Is there anything I can do?

Hurry up and wait with this truck has been amazingly good for developing better patience in life - 15 months since deposit placed...
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nothing to do but wait.

It took 3 weeks for our Wrangler to arrive by train, and we live 5 hours from the factory lol

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Have your dealer call The yard and tell them it’s red tagged. Might work might not

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My truck finally has arrived at the rail yard where its supposed to be picked up and transported to the dealer.

My dealer is telling me "the trucking service is contracted out by Ford, we cant control when the truck gets your Bronco and brings it here" Kindly they are telling me once it arrives they will put it through dealer prep first ahead of the rest of the arrivals which I appreciate.

1. Is this true?

Hurry up and wait with this truck has been amazingly good for developing better patience in life - 15 months since deposit placed...
All the dealer has to do is call the trucking company and request your vin be put on a truck to be delivered. I used to work at the rail yard in Mira Loma and unless somethings changed in the last 15 years, dealers could just call and request any vehicle.

Sneds

First Edition
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-250 6.7L TD 4X4, 2021 2D Cactus Gray FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

1. Is this true?

I feel your pain. Mine has been sitting at the place it was unloaded for a week now and still no idea when it will make its way to the dealership less than 15 miles away. :(

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BS. Dealer can go get it if they wish. I have had dealers pick up several cars and drive them back to the dealership to expedite.

nottinbe

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine sat waiting for 16 days. I was told by the trucking company and dealer there was nothing to do to speed it up.

Sponsored

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing to do but wait.

It took 3 weeks for our Wrangler to arrive by train, and we live 5 hours from the factory lol
I'm at 7.5 hours from map and the rail system/path basically made a circle around IL (state I'm in). It's been a lil over 2 weeks so far...

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm at 7.5 hours from map and the rail system/path basically made a circle around IL (state I'm in). It's been a lil over 2 weeks so far...
I'm in Aurora lol

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in Aurora lol
I'm in Southern IL, but the lack of any information is killing my spirits. I'll admit, I'm not that much of a patient person, but its been roughly a year and a half
Sponsored