Sponsored

Anyway to update the build a week before build date?

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My Bronco is set to be built 10/19 - any way to change the High package to Lux? I asked the dealer and they said that the computer won’t let them. I asked them to call Ford but they say they don’t know who to call. Anybody successfully changed their build a week before build date? What number did you dealer call? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These posts crack me up. I mean, how long have people been waiting for a Bronco, and then all the sudden they get a VIN and a build date and its can I change (paint, package, add sasquatch, switch to a WT....). Nothing like waiting until the last minute.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

yes, you can still change some things up to the day before if your dealer is willing to go through the trouble. I don't think you can change the engine or anything associated with the VIN.

OP
OP
BroncoRaptor

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
yes, you can still change some things up to the day before if your dealer is willing to go through the trouble. I don't think you can change the engine or anything associated with the VIN.
Do you know what the “trouble” is? Do they call a certain number? Anyone know what it is?

Sponsored

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is straight from the Ford page, referencing changing up until it gets pulled for production. There is stronger language on Mach-E FAQs that specifically state no further changes after vehicle is assigned for production.

Ford Bronco Anyway to update the build a week before build date? E5C69658-B928-4D70-BB62-6D7AF8D4B4E8

OP
OP
BroncoRaptor

BroncoRaptor

Heritage
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ Sprinter Van 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This is straight from the Ford page, referencing changing up until it gets pulled for production. There is stronger language on Mach-E FAQs that specifically state no further changes after vehicle is assigned for production.

E5C69658-B928-4D70-BB62-6D7AF8D4B4E8.jpeg
I think this is a catch all for I want to change from a 2 DR Badlands to an Everglade type of request. I made changes to an order after I got the vin (changed color and added carpets and stuff) - Once you get the build day (not just the week) the dealer could not make any more changes on the computer.

Last edited:

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think this is a catch all for I want to change from a 2 DR Badlands to an Everglade type of request. I made changes to an order after I got the vin (changed color and added carpets and stuff) - Once you get the build day (not just the week) the dealer could not make any more changes on the computer.
Understood. I get the ability to change color or add an accessory, but packages are going to require different components and chips, so I could see those being firm after scheduling. Let us know how it goes.
Sponsored