Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did a quick search on the forum to see if these had been shown, but I couldn't find anything. Not really into rock crawling so the disconnect on the BL doesn't really appeal to me, but for less than $400 these Apex AutoLynx quick disconnects look really easy to install and use in a pinch. Might be a good alternative for BD or WT users that want a disconnect but don't use it very often. Hopefully it can be adpated to the Bronco sway bar.

https://www.apexdesignsusa.com/products/autolynx-sway-bar-disconnect?variant=32922090766383

Decent video from this years Easter Safari
Sponsored

Last edited:

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I haven’t searched for the answer so excuse me if it has been answered 1000 times…

Has it been confirmed that the stay bar disconnect that comes from the factory on the badlands can’t be added to the other trims after delivery?

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anything can be added after delivery given enough time and money. Buy all the parts at the parts counter and get someone to install it and wire it up. It will probably cost considerably more than the BL upgrade.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did a quick search on the forum to see if these had been shown, but I couldn't find anything. Not really into rock crawling so the disconnect on the BL doesn't really appeal to me, but for less than $400 these Apex AutoLynx quick disconnects look really easy to install and use in a pinch. Might be a good alternative for BD or WT users that want a disconnect but don't use it very often.

https://www.apexdesignsusa.com/products/autolynx-sway-bar-disconnect?variant=32922090766383
Done! If I ever decide I need a disconnect something like this is perfect.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I haven’t searched for the answer so excuse me if it has been answered 1000 times…

Has it been confirmed that the stay bar disconnect that comes from the factory on the badlands can’t be added to the other trims after delivery?
I doubt it would be worth it. It has hero switch, computer integration, and nobody has focused on it, but there is a hydraulic pump somewhere as well.

If you want the Ford version, buy the BL. Otherwise look elsewhere... This is not the droid your looking for.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice... probably works a lot better than the one I drew up a while back. Mine was a push button though... however, it would of been more expensive to produce.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I doubt it would be worth it. It has hero switch, computer integration, and nobody has focused on it, but there is a hydraulic pump somewhere as well.

If you want the Ford version, buy the BL. Otherwise look elsewhere... This is not the droid your looking for.
I do not believe there is a pump. Lock up is achieved by internal (solenoid) valving.

OP
OP
Jr87mustang

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Found a good video with a description. With as easy as this is to install, I can totally see myself doing it just in case I happen to need it some day. I can't believe someone didn't think if this earlier, so easy to use and add on.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s a pretty sweet set up. I was planning on just unbolting the links anytime I take it to the rocks because that won’t happen as often as I’d like. But this product is temping.

Economisto

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mistubishi Montero, 2013 Audi S5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is awesome

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sway bar disconnects are almost essential when off-road. Do you need the fancy hydraulic SBD in the Badlands? Absolutely not, but it's nice.

Simply unbolting it or having quick-disconnects like these are easy and cheap ways to disconnect the sway bar.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is a slick design. Another item added to the list.
Sponsored