Jedidiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My APIM module is bad apparently. dealer said its on back order with no projected date.

This makes me want to give the vehicle away at this point. I essentially live in the vehicle and on the phone for work. At this point, not having handsfree speaker/phone is not an option for me.

To the people that say, suck it up and just drive it without radio/phone til its fixed...I didn't pay the money I did to spend hours daily in a vehicle with no radio and no hands free phone.

I'm so frustrated and no clue what to do now. Tried to ping to @Ford Motor Company on here but no response yet. This is making me want to go get another wrangler...
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it makes you feel better (probably won’t)… a really good friend of mine from high school & college had the screen on their brand new Toyota Tundra die. He was told the same thing you were told. Backordered with no ETA. Such is life these days with brand new highly sought-after vehicles. Even on older vehicles, things are pretty backed up. The module I had to replace on my wife’s Escape last year took 4 months to arrive.

Do what you need to do. If the radio is that important to you, sell the Bronco and get a different vehicle. If you can get by with a hands-free headset, or a pair of wireless earbuds… do that.

Personally if I was in your situation I would just use my AirPods… but it is clear to me that the radio is much more important for you than it is for me.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I can help. Buy this. It works.

I have a two of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerC...hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584138871441315&psc=1

My APIM module is bad apparently. dealer said its on back order with no projected date.

This makes me want to give the vehicle away at this point. I essentially live in the vehicle and on the phone for work. At this point, not having handsfree speaker/phone is not an option for me.

To the people that say, suck it up and just drive it without radio/phone til its fixed...I didn't pay the money I did to spend hours daily in a vehicle with no radio and no hands free phone.

I'm so frustrated and no clue what to do now. Tried to ping to @Ford Motor Company on here but no response yet. This is making me want to go get another wrangler...
If it makes you feel better (probably won’t)… a really good friend of mine from high school & college had the screen on their brand new Toyota Tundra die. He was told the same thing you were told. Backordered with no ETA. Such is life these days with brand new highly sought-after vehicles. Even on older vehicles, things are pretty backed up. The module I had to replace on my wife’s Escape last year took 4 months to arrive.

Do what you need to do. If the radio is that important to you, sell the Bronco and get a different vehicle. If you can get by with a hands-free headset, or a pair of wireless earbuds… do that.

Personally if I was in your situation I would just use my AirPods… but it is clear to me that the radio is much more important for you than it is for me.

phishphood

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i feel your pain. my 2DR black diamond has been at the dealer for four months waiting on a non-existent part. meanwhile, raptors are being built, 2023 order banks are gearing up, and new trims are being released. there are modules out there, just none for already built broncos.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tnjrb

Outer Banks
First Name
Jedidiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

nope. I didn't pay what I paid for a brand new vehicle to go looking at auto salvage for parts to fix it with less than 3k miles on it. appreciate the suggestion and dont mean to sound snarky at all!

my solution was to get a different vehicle. im not paying that much money for something I cant fix. see ya later bronco! back to my trusty wrangler :)

dahoneybadga

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 4dr Badlands, 22 R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super super disappointed with this. My APIM went about over 2 months ago and the dealership put in an order at the start of June. 9 weeks later and still no news and only had my vehicle for a few months. Really soured my experience with Ford that they are still pushing out new vehicles but doing nothing to support the people who already took delivery. @Ford Motor Company how is this okay?

OP
OP

Tnjrb

Outer Banks
First Name
Jedidiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Super super disappointed with this. My APIM went about over 2 months ago and the dealership put in an order at the start of June. 9 weeks later and still no news and only had my vehicle for a few months. Really soured my experience with Ford that they are still pushing out new vehicles but doing nothing to support the people who already took delivery. @Ford Motor Company how is this okay?
Totally agreed...

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nope. I didn't pay what I paid for a brand new vehicle to go looking at auto salvage for parts to fix it with less than 3k miles on it. appreciate the suggestion and dont mean to sound snarky at all!

my solution was to get a different vehicle. im not paying that much money for something I cant fix. see ya later bronco! back to my trusty wrangler :)
Did you lemon law it or what was method to sell with the apim situation unresolved?

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love how people seem to think that Ford has the ability to over-ride these supply chain issues, but are just choosing not to.

This is a world wide problem, regardless of the industry involved.
They are putting thousands in new vehicles every month, Ford is choosing to prioritize new builds over taking care of existing customers.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are putting thousands in new vehicles every month, Ford is choosing to prioritize new builds over taking care of existing customers.
And if they prioritized existing customers, there would be someone on here complaining about how they've been waiting 2 years for their reservation to be built.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And if they prioritized existing customers, there would be someone on here complaining about how they've been waiting 2 years for their reservation to be built.
One group has spent $30K to $80K, and is likely having to make payments on that vehicle. The other group spent $100 on a reservation. A car manufacturer has a duty to be able to provide replacement parts for vehicles they produce, even if it means reducing new builds.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One group has spent $30K to $80K, and is likely having to make payments on that vehicle. The other group spent $100 on a reservation. A car manufacturer has a duty to be able to provide replacement parts for vehicles they produce, even if it means reducing new builds.

That isn't how capitalism works. I need to sell while someone is willing to buy. Bad press for not taking care of existing customers is ok as long as it doesn't phase new customers.

Sux for anyone waiting for parts. It isn't right, but we have to remember that they really don't care about us.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That isn't how capitalism works. I need to sell while someone is willing to buy. Bad press for not taking care of existing customers is ok as long as it doesn't phase new customers.

Sux for anyone waiting for parts. It isn't right, but we have to remember that they really don't care about us.
Between state lemon laws and the federal Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act anyone in the US can push Ford in this situation to get a refund or replacement vehicle. They may not want to, but they can.
Sponsored