First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Sync 4 screen blacked out about a week ago. Sadly, my FE has less than 300 miles and I am being told by the dealer that the APIM needs to be replaced. Has anyone dealt with this? Sounds like it will be a long time to get a replacement. In the meantime, I have no audio, cameras, etc.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Several threads on this already. Many have been waiting a long while.

SuperFord

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

APIM failures are common going as far back as the 2011 Explorer and the launch of MyFord Touch.

In fact the issues were so problematic back then that Ford ended up coming out with. 5 year warranty extension FSA (a so called “soft recall”) 12M02.

they have gotten far better since then but remain as a common failure point to this days.

& like everything else these days, Sync 4 APIM’s are in short supply.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My Sync 4 screen blacked out about a week ago. Sadly, my FE has less than 300 miles and I am being told by the dealer that the APIM needs to be replaced. Has anyone dealt with this? Sounds like it will be a long time to get a replacement. In the meantime, I have no audio, cameras, etc.
Good afternoon, Ken! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this APIM concern for you on my end. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Cat
OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good afternoon, Ken! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this APIM concern for you on my end. Thanks!
I replied to your Ford account directly. thx

Sponsored
OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a sidenote - this is the third person from Ford that has replied to me over the past 30 days or so. All 3 reps ask the same exact questions and then nothing seems to come from it. It just adds more frustration to an already frustrating situation (i.e. a new Bronco with less than 300 miles that needs a replacement part with no ETA). And I have no cameras, radio, etc.

Tnjrb

Outer Banks
First Name
Jedidiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a sidenote - this is the third person from Ford that has replied to me over the past 30 days or so. All 3 reps ask the same exact questions and then nothing seems to come from it. It just adds more frustration to an already frustrating situation (i.e. a new Bronco with less than 300 miles that needs a replacement part with no ETA). And I have no cameras, radio, etc.
im having same issue. did you ever get it resolved?

OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, new APIM was eventually installed.

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was it just the screen or did your charging ports not work, either? My screen went black about two weeks ago but the charging ports directly below the screen went out as well. No blue light around the port, either. I can’t get in to my dealership for a month, so I’d like to troubleshoot this on my own so they can order the parts. Thanks!

OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Nothing worked. I don't think there's anything to troubleshoot. You need a replacement

Sponsored

KellStir

Badlands
First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion; Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP

Kcmiller

First Edition
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It took about 6 weeks to get the part, and then about half a day to install. The good news is no issue since the replacement part was installed.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Manufacturing and quality control has got to be driving ford nuts on the electronics. So long as they own up to fixing it. Just painful being the one to live through the wait. For those not having these problems, pray for those who are and cross your fingers it doesn’t happen to you.

Yaxgto

Black Diamond
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am currently waiting for a software update that might come eventually to see if it fixes my sync issues but no solutions or apim replacement until they try the nonexistent update.
Sponsored