P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve got a 2021 WT and I’m super happy with it. I’m a bit pissed that I missed out on the HOSS 3.0, but hey, on the flip side, I’ve got painted handles and temperature indication on the dials. And I use sport mode all the time. Had I known that I could add that to a BL with FORSCAN it might have tipped the scales a bit, but no regrets.

Doorsoff4ever

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram3500 diesel crew cab long bed on 37's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the Hoss 3.0 suspension only offered on Wildtrak it gives it a purpose. The fact that before, Ford was pushing the Wildtrak as for highspeed off-road and higher than Badlands was a bit weird to me. The Badlands could be optioned more than Wildtrak and they had the same suspension so they could both go highspeed off-road. There really isn't a difference between the Badlands optioned out to include all the Wildtrak luxuries/extras and the Badlands gets the sway-bar disconnect which many say they can live without, but it is awesome in use even on a regular trail.

Either way I think with the introduction of Hoss 3.0 it makes the Wildtrak where it needs to be in the line-up and probably where it should have been from the start. Now it truly separates itself from the Badlands. Just my $0.02
I agree completely, except that suspension shouldn't be an option. It should be THE wildtrack suspension. It's nice that it finally has something that sets it apart though.

Bender

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I figure when the Russians inevitably come pouring across our northern border and their missiles are homing in on body-colored door mirror caps and the glare off of shiny hoods, I'll put my WT in the 7th GOAT mode and high tail it across the open desert. #GoWolverines #Freedom

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you for the great comments and good insight regarding WT. I was vacillating between an OBX and BL. But instead switched my initial order from OBX + SAS, to a WT+ Hoss 3.0, giving me a peace of mind. IMHO to mitigate any future front end mishaps.
1649081751045.jpeg
They should be adding those to the Badlands as well (and maybe Black Diamond too).

Sponsored

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With the Hoss 3.0 suspension only offered on Wildtrak it gives it a purpose. The fact that before, Ford was pushing the Wildtrak as for highspeed off-road and higher than Badlands was a bit weird to me. The Badlands could be optioned more than Wildtrak and they had the same suspension so they could both go highspeed off-road. There really isn't a difference between the Badlands optioned out to include all the Wildtrak luxuries/extras and the Badlands gets the sway-bar disconnect which many say they can live without, but it is awesome in use even on a regular trail.

Either way I think with the introduction of Hoss 3.0 it makes the Wildtrak where it needs to be in the line-up and probably where it should have been from the start. Now it truly separates itself from the Badlands. Just my $0.02
The parts and materials between OBX SAS and WildTrak are the same. So before HOSS 3.0 truly the only difference was the painted beauty rings and the sand vs roast or navy OBX interior minus the painted door handles snd mirror caps.. It really didn’t have any advantage over OBX before HOSS 3.0 except you could get the slide out tailgate with the WT but not with SAS OBX…and WT had option of rock rails OR tube steps. it was really the way it could be optioned before. Even the price evenly optioned was nearly identical.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

All Broncos are great. The best thing about them is you can order the one YOU want.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only reason you would buy a WT over badlands was to save money as some pointed out when I couldn’t understand why people were buying WTs in the first place. Now with HOSS 3.0 there is an actual differentiator. That being said I need my sta bar disconnect. WT will never be an option for me. But I wish I could get that heavy duty steering rack.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really wonder if the HOSS 3.0 was meant to be included this whole time but maybe was cut to streamline the 2021 models due to the parts availability or something. After introducing that, the whole high speed offroad marketing for the WT makes a lot more sense. I was deciding between my sasquatch badlands and a wildtrak, and ultimately went for the badlands for the MGV and wash out interior. I am probably in the minority though that likes the digital camo looking cloth interior.
I can almost guanretee the hoss 3.0 system was supposed to debut with the original release but supply contraints at fox caused them to post pone the release.

I second that the digital camo was one major influence factor for the wild track. the painted mirror caps and door handles that got deleted for 2022 was a small disappointment, but the price protection made up for it.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was originally a Wildtrak reservation and order, but swapped to Badlands for '22 because Wildtraks were always high on the commodity constraint lists. I'm also a 2 Dr only guy, so no moar door versions for me.

It had everything I was looking for as standard and was labeled as the 'Desert runner' trim, which falls into what it's intended use would be outside of being a daily driver when I'm unable to do errands with the motorcycle.

I'm one of those that doesn't like the interior color choices and digital cameo, but I've done interior work before and Katzkin exits, so it's a moot point and not a big deal.

I had a brain fart and didn't get my order swapped back to Wildtrak before March 7th, so it's still a Badlands, but once the '23 M.Y order banks open, it's going back to Wildtrak with Hoss 3.0. I have zero chance the Badlands will get built this year, so I'm not worried, but the waiting sucks.

It just gives me time to settle on a color, since I can't seem to make up my mind. I started out as Race Red then flip-flopped between Cactus gray & Hot Pepper Red and now I saw an out of state Shadow black Wildtrak passing thru this weekend and considering that.
I hate the upkeep of black and said I was going to avoid it, but dang that was a good looking rig.
When 2023 order banks open up, we can change out trim packages and still be price protected or do we have to stay with our current builds? I was understanding that we’d have to keep our build as it in order to be price protected. Please share your understanding if you know differently.

Thanks

Sponsored

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for that prospectfour. Although, all Broncos are awesome, lI’m a bit partial to the WT myself. There are so many posts from people bashing the WT for one reason or the other…… it’s good to see a little love for a change.
I had an OBX on order until pretty early on I ran across a WT mannequin with leather....wow...both hubs and I were impressed by WT's good looks and functionally it had more of what suited our needs already built in with the rugged good looks to make my heart go pitter patter.... Unfortunately, I am still waiting on my Bronco, but love that we are starting to see them out in the wild more often!

SonnyFrost

Wildtrak
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OBX with SAS and 2.7 is a more flexible choice, but it is almost the same price as a WT.
Anyway, the long waiting is still the problem.

gac458

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered a Wildtrak from day one and never had any second thoughts about "did I get the right Bronco?" The only concerns I had had were what color choice I wanted and what accessories could I get while I waited on my build date. (I chose Cactus Grey for my Bronco) Got my Wildtrak a week ago, installed all my accessories and I love the Wildtrak! Like anything else you choose to buy, you buy what you like with the features you want.
Don't hate on others because they have different taste or like things you don't like! We have a choice and some of us picked the Wildtrak, and I personally and very happy with my choice. I do wish I could have gotten to HOSS 3.0 suspension on my build, but that was announced the week mine was built! But still a very happy Bronco Wildtrak owner!

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When 2023 order banks open up, we can change out trim packages and still be price protected or do we have to stay with our current builds? I was understanding that we’d have to keep our build as it in order to be price protected. Please share your understanding if you know differently.

Thanks
I don't know anything differently, but the whole list of exceptions Ford listed, that would nullify price protection, applies to 22.5 M.Y and nothing was stated that it affected '23 M.Y.

We'll see if they carry those exceptions over to the 23 M.Y order, which I doubt they will. The only exceptions I see possibly carrying over are for a new series, Heritage for example, and/or the Modular top (Yeah, I can see them doing this for that top, sadly).

We'll just have to wait and see what they do once that times rolls around 6 to 8 months from now.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hard to be the top trim level if it doesn’t offer the top transmission choice. ;)
Sponsored