First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That all makes good sense. I will say this though, and I do not know the answer, but for some of us making reservations in the first couple days and then not getting our vehicle because someone who made reservations two weeks later chose a dealer who had more pull or more allocation?? That sort of reeks and does not sit well with me. I could be wrong but this does seem to be the case of how this is getting run by Ford. Am I wrong on that? Does it seem like its coming down to which dealer you go with and where you land in their bucket?
It definitely contradicts what was said about timestamps. It might be because of the advertised discounts that a few dealers have made. I guess Ma Ford doesn't want just a few dealers cornering all the sales.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That all makes good sense. I will say this though, and I do not know the answer, but for some of us making reservations in the first couple days and then not getting our vehicle because someone who made reservations two weeks later chose a dealer who had more pull or more allocation?? That sort of reeks and does not sit well with me. I could be wrong but this does seem to be the case of how this is getting run by Ford. Am I wrong on that? Does it seem like its coming down to which dealer you go with and where you land in their bucket?
I can see it either way.

counter point:

With this allocation model it means that smaller, more rural dealers, and their customers, will get a slice of the MY21 pie.

I can imagine a situation where some small, rural dealer could have a handful of reservations made by people who werenā€™t streaming Fordā€™s reveal and refreshing Ford.com through their high speed broadband connection... and this way Ford gets Broncos to that area instead of sending them all the Southern CA.

This way your reservation timestamp is being judged against your peers... not someone who lives across on the other side of the country.*

*Massive nation-wide dealer programs aside.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I did not read, but can someone please explain allocation to me?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No. Now go pick a better profile pick ya dummy :mad:
Surprised you haven't been banned yet ;)

Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Right?

The behavior is very predictable here.

I was actually thinking about changing my profile picture to capitalize on this phenomenon.
so basically shelby girl in reverse @SHLYGRR

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford canā€™t physically produce enough model year (MY) 2021 (MY21) Broncos to meet all the reservations.

Since they can only fulfill a fraction (with the remainder rolling over into MY22 deliver), Ford had to decide exactly who is going to get one in MY21.

They developed a complicated formula we donā€™t actually know, but basically what it means is that all the reservation holders at a specific dealer are ranked according to their reservation time stamp, and only the earliest reservation holders will get a MY21 (the rest will get theirs after production rolls into MY22)

The percentage of reservations at a specific dealer that get a MY21 is calculated based on how many orders that dealer has, as well as how many Jeeps are sold in that geographic region, and how many Fords theyā€™ve sold in the past. That specific number of MY21s the dealer will receive is their ā€œallocation.ā€

As a general rule it looks like itā€™s 25-30% of their total current reservations... which for many dealers only represents reservations made in the first 36-48 hours... are being allocated for MY21...

...but actual exact allocation numbers wonā€™t be able to be calculated until all potential MY21 orders are in by the March cutoff date.

Thatā€™s when dealers will receive their actual official allocation and individuals will receive a ā€œdelivery windowā€ estimation from Ford.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford canā€™t physically produce enough model year (MY) 2021 (MY21) Broncos to meet all the reservations.

Since they can only fulfill a fraction (with the remainder rolling over into MY22 deliver), Ford had to decide exactly who is going to get one in MY21.

They developed a complicated formula we donā€™t actually know, but basically what it means is that all the reservation holders at a specific dealer are ranked according to their reservation time stamp, and only the earliest reservation holders will get a MY21 (the rest will get theirs after production rolls into MY22)

The percentage of reservations that get a MY21 is calculated based on how many orders the dealer has, as well as how many Jeeps are sold in that geographic region, and how many Fords theyā€™ve sold in the past. That specific number of MY21s the dealer will receive is their ā€œallocation.ā€

As a general rule it looks like itā€™s 25-30% of their total current reservations... which for many dealers only represents reservations made in the first 36-48 hours... are being allocated for MY21.
Come on man, didn't you see who posted that question behind that ugly ass profile pic?

You've been played bud.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Come on man, didn't you see who posted that question behind that ugly ass profile pic?

You've been played bud.
IM DRUNK AND I ACTUALLY DID NOTICE AFTER I POSTED

SO IM ONLY HALF TO BLAME ON THIS.

AND ONLY A LITTLE EMBARRASSED.

(Turns out Iā€™m having a rough night I guess)

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IM DRUNK AND I ACTUALLY DID NOTICE AFTER I POSTED

SO IM ONLY HALF TO BLAME ON THIS.

AND ONLY A LITTLE EMBARRASSED.

(Turns out Iā€™m having a rough night)
Good rough night? Or shit rough night? Now I don't know how I should've reacted to your post.
Sponsored