Sponsored

Appears to be 13 (updated now 16!) Raptors in stock at Ford Country, Henderson, NV (large ~$45k ADMs)

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Seems to indicate some pricing imbalance here between BaT and Mecum. It seems folks are willing to pay $25k more over at Mecum as compared to BaT. Strange...
True, but it seems the Raptors at this dealership were auctioned early on so the price was inflated then. Prices for Raptors on BaT today don’t even reach over $100k in some cases, so this dealership is pretty much F’d.

Local Hendrick dealership has a raptor and it initially was priced at 130k which was 2-3 months ago. over the last 3 weeks it’s been at $114k, I’m pretty sure they probably can’t go any lower then that 114k price because of what they paid for it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bestdayever

Base
First Name
- -Soupbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor.. Boss302..Edge Sport..Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Auction fees on BaT are capped at 5k. when the $$ go over 100K. You cannot "snipe" on BaT as the auction clock resets for 2 minutes when a bid is submitted.

Last edited:

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer around me has two broncos listed at 125k and are firm, its been two months and they won't budge

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Auction fees on BaT are capped at 5k. when the $$ go over 100K. You cannot "snipe" on Bat as the auction clock resets for 2 minutes when a bid is submitted.
True, but that doesn't stop this guy from driving up the price with every other bid when the auction is about to end.

Sponsored

jzweedyk

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I visited Ford Country and tried to buy a 2 door "used" Badlands with 56 miles, last week. They wanted 12K over new msrp and would not budge.

Cartlin

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F150 short bed
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you don't like this, or don't like living in a free economy you can just move to Cuba. This never happens there. And the weather is nice, the beaches are free of trash and people, and there are hardly any boats in the open water.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you don't like this, or don't like living in a free economy you can just move to Cuba. This never happens there. And the weather is nice, the beaches are free of trash and people, and there are hardly any boats in the open water.
And you can drive a 1952 Plymouth with 700,000 miles for the rest of your life….

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Obviously the "shoe doesn't fit" here for me as the OP.

I would say I'm more surprised by the risk this dealer is taking and as others have pointed out - it may be a bet that doesn't pay off. This above, as opposed to complaining about free markets. Certainly the rarity of the vehicle made such a large number in stock at a single dealer noteworthy.

Cartlin

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F150 short bed
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, agreed. I was not aiming the comment at the original post but it seems some people just can't handle this in America of all places. I've been watching this dealer buy BRaptors all year at retail prices and somehow making money. It may come to bite in the end but hopefully for him he's making money.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes, agreed. I was not aiming the comment at the original post but it seems some people just can't handle this in America of all places. I've been watching this dealer buy BRaptors all year at retail prices and somehow making money. It may come to bite in the end but hopefully for him he's making money.
Capitalism is the worst economic system, except all the others that have been tried.

My dealer almost always has a Raptor on the floor and they don’t last more than a few weeks at $125-$150k. The last one sold about 10 days ago for $138k and I have no problems with it as they sold me an ordered Bronco at MSRP last April and my 2nd one will also be at MSRP hopefully in the next 10 days. Lord knows if I would have pulled a golden ticket and had the opportunity to by a Raptor at MSRP I’d be selling it with a huge markup. The car market(and the market for boats, RV’s, etc) both new and used has changed a lot recently and the smart dealers and consumers will adjust to the winds of the market. It’s the American way.

Eventually Ford and other manufactures might realize that they need to adjust how they go to market as Tesla is kicking their asses on gross and net profit per vehicle while also growing at 40% YOY. The legacy automakers have some big barriers with 50 different sets of State laws protecting the dealers but they will adjust or go out of business. IMO in another decade, the car buying process will look different as the OEM’s follow Teslas lead and take some of the control away from the dealers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
1 week later - up to 16 in stock.

OP
OP
swamp2

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Bump. A couple weeks later and none sold. Inventory actually went up. Looks like prices have all dropped $4k.

There doesn't seem to be enough suckers left at these prices.

I love Capitalism but also hope they lose money overall on this speculation.

Last edited:

MikeinTN

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hasn’t been aggressively bidding on BaT last couple of weeks.
Right! Makes me wonder what my 2023 WT SAS LUX would bring in that crazy scheme
Sponsored