Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
…and access to Sirius/XM over the App if you don’t want to pay for a second subscription.
Does this setup use your phone data plan for XM?
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You should check again. It’s wireless now in almost all new models and has more than 5 apps. At least 3 different Map apps (including Waze) and access to Sirius/XM over the App if you don’t want to pay for a second subscription.
He wouldn’t know, he’s clearly an Android user. CarPlay has maps and Spotify, I’m set. What the hell else can I possibly need while I’m driving besides maps and music?

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The website seems to be telling me I need to buy a sold out addition just to link it to the HomeKit. Seems weird that I’d have to buy something that can be sold out in order to link one app in my phone to another app in my phone. Technology is fun. (I might be able to work it out still without buying anything new but it’s Sunday and I already got off the couch once for this)
Well that was a quick roller coaster. On principle I’m not going to buy another device to link two apps. Guess I can’t talk my phone into opening the garage door. Not sure I’ll recover from this one folks. That’s it I’m out!

(Arriving at this conclusion based on the 2:20ish mark in the video in this article which has very much the same tone as my above comment)

https://9to5mac.com/2019/08/15/homekit-garage-door-myq-home-bridge-review-video/

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No idea why the fascination with Apple Car Play. It is like 5 apps and the phone has to be plugged in. To me its useless
Wrong. WIRELESS APPLE CAR PLAY.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He wouldn’t know, he’s clearly an Android user. CarPlay has maps and Spotify, I’m set. What the hell else can I possibly need while I’m driving besides maps and music?
I wonder if his BlackBerry can search this info online though? Maybe we should cut him some slack...

Sponsored

papsblue

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, in Bronco, Car Play and Android Auto are wireless. No need to plug in.
Combining wireless Android Auto and the wireless charging pad is a big part of what pushed me to Lux. If I'm just going to have to plug in to charge anyway!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Combining wireless Android Auto and the wireless charging pad is a big part of what pushed me to Lux. If I'm just going to have to plug in to charge anyway!
Good point!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ditto.

Essmith94

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does this setup use your phone data plan for XM?
Yes… and with an unlimited data plan it really shouldn’t matter.. plus music doesn’t use near the data that video does. And with XM costing at a minimum of $12-15 a month after the initial trial period its worth it just to have unlimited data.

OP
OP
AcenTitus

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a few wireless pads I use. With my new phone, they have magnets to keep them even more secure. I’m plunking one of those down in that spot. It’s plugged in, my phone isn’t :)

96C4F0A5-29B5-47BC-AEE9-4A39D4DCF952.jpeg

Sponsored

Multienduro

Big Bend
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You know nothing about me. WTF is android anyway?

drdory

Outer Banks
First Name
Dory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 King Ranch,2014 Lexus RX350,2012 ES350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No idea why the fascination with Apple Car Play. It is like 5 apps and the phone has to be plugged in. To me its useless
I have more than 5 apps on my apple car play. Also it works without being plugged in in my Bronco with Lux package. That being said, it is not perfect, but it is useful and this will grow over time

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why do you need a touchscreen opener when you can say “Hey Siri, open my garage door”? MyQ works with Siri which is built into CarPlay.
Or even just your phone, or airpods, etc.

Why get in your vehicle and wait for CarPlay to connect.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the MLB app is awesome