First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the Lux package and an Apple 8 Plus. Most times my phone connects with CarPlay upon entering my Bronco and cranking up. Sometimes however, it just will not connect.

I do realize you have to have the WiFi on in the iPhone settings. At times it will not connect and display the CarPlay icon under the screen, and then later, it will just connect.

Am I doing something wrong? Is something blocking my connection? As I am technologically challenged, I would appreciate any recommendations or coaching tips. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

reigny

Outer Banks
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ninja 650, 2003 Honda Shadow Ace
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you plugging it in? I find that my iPhone has trouble connecting when plugged in. So I start up the car, let CarPlay connect and then plug the phone in.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are you plugging it in? I find that my iPhone has trouble connecting when plugged in. So I start up the car, let CarPlay connect and then plug the phone in.
No, I’m not plugging it in.

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the Lux package and an Apple 8 Plus. Most times my phone connects with CarPlay upon entering my Bronco and cranking up. Sometimes however, it just will not connect.

I do realize you have to have the WiFi on in the iPhone settings. At times it will not connect and display the CarPlay icon under the screen, and then later, it will just connect.

Am I doing something wrong? Is something blocking my connection? As I am technologically challenged, I would appreciate any recommendations or coaching tips. Thanks
I have an i phone 7s and the same intermittent challenge.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the iphone 13s and I have been experiencing connection issues for a few weeks. Try updating all the apps you use with car play and also update Ford Pass. So far, that has fixed the issue for me, but I've only driven once since I updated everything. BTW, I had trouble wireless or plugged in. It just wasn't working until I updated things.

Sponsored

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So most will not like this answer but I work at a auto dealer as a tech and I have cell phone connection problem work orders all the time. Our tech assistance hotline says there is nothing they can do to make older phones work properly with new vehicles. Toyotas flat out say they don’t work with anything older than a iphone7

slohatch

First Edition
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger redeye
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They push updates that is as techs have to download and manually update customers cars with but the fact is they never fix the issue.

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have this issue intermittently over the last 4 years in my Wrangler. There have been various causes. The most consistent one, is the phone wanting to be unlocked after I plug it in. There's no prompt for it, but it seems to fix it more often than not.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have it paired with the bronco threw Bluetooth I have had no issues with iPhone 8 and now switched to a 13 pro a d zero issues

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else have glitchy issues with Spotify in CarPlay? Weird quirks I get: click now playing and it shows up then immediately goes to the previous screen and you have to click note playing again to get the screen you want. Other times the now playing screen holds but without the ability to like the song, turn on shuffle etc. Go back a screen and hit it again and that row of options appears. It’s just weird.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody else have glitchy issues with Spotify in CarPlay? Weird quirks I get: click now playing and it shows up then immediately goes to the previous screen and you have to click note playing again to get the screen you want. Other times the now playing screen holds but without the ability to like the song, turn on shuffle etc. Go back a screen and hit it again and that row of options appears. It’s just weird.
Yes, half the time it will only show playlists or albums A-C

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As if to say “Hey I heard you talking shit,” it decided it just wouldn’t connect on this drive. 🤷🏼‍♂️