Sponsored

Apple CarPlay is terrible with limitations. Ideas to fix?

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know there are some threads discussing this, but Sync is terrible with CarPlay. Over 5mph you have very limited access to your Apple Music library. Im wondering if anyone has figured out a work around such that you have full library access to your library. Has anyone figured anything out through ForScan, etc? The way things are, CarPlay is nearly useless for audio. Thanks!
Sponsored

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are certainly limitations when trying to navigate the interface while driving. Whether I want an artist radio station, album or playlist, I normally tell Siri what to play it and she plays it.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are certainly limitations when trying to navigate the interface while driving. Whether I want an artist radio station, album or playlist, I normally tell Siri what to play it and she plays it.
Thats what Ive been doing. However, I like to scroll through my options sine I dont remember them all. Also, I have found that if you are less than 5mph and select a playlist or album, it will then let you select a song within. Over 5mph and it autostarts the first song.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you hardline music into the bronco without using CarPlay?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As of right now this is a limitation set in place by Ford. There's no bypass with Forscan that anyone has found outside of changing the region coding of SYNC but this disables some North America features and causes glitches, I don't recommend that. We have to wait for a way to modify the PCM (unlikely) or use a bypass harness which intercepts the PCM signal to the SYNC APIM and makes it think you're not moving. An example below

https://naviks.com/i-24077343-2021-...in-motion-lockout-bypass-video-interface.html

Sponsored
OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As of right now this is a limitation set in place by Ford. There's no bypass with Forscan that anyone has found outside of changing the region coding of SYNC but this disables some North America features and causes glitches, I don't recommend that. We have to wait for a way to modify the PCM (unlikely) or use a bypass harness which intercepts the PCM signal to the SYNC APIM and makes it think you're not moving. An example below

https://naviks.com/i-24077343-2021-...in-motion-lockout-bypass-video-interface.html
Is it the same if wired instead of wireless?

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it the same if wired instead of wireless?
Yes, at least I'm pretty sure. I doubt it would matter it's technically a "safety" thing.

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, at least I'm pretty sure. I doubt it would matter it's technically a "safety" thing.
THat was my thought. Was mainly hoping. Anyhow, dont know how this is a safety feature when it encourages a driver to pick up their phone to access their full library. Ive had CarPlay in an Alfa, BMW, and VW and have never seen this limitation. Sounds like someone at Ford needed to justify their job and come up with something that makes zero sense such as this.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
THat was my thought. Was mainly hoping. Anyhow, dont know how this is a safety feature when it encourages a driver to pick up their phone to access their full library. Ive had CarPlay in an Alfa, BMW, and VW and have never seen this limitation. Sounds like someone at Ford needed to justify their job and come up with something that makes zero sense such as this.
I believe it’s a North American government regulation. Makes sense why manufactures based outside of North America aren’t required to implement it

OP
OP
fv9

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe it’s a North American government regulation. Makes sense why manufactures based outside of North America aren’t required to implement it
Interesting. Had no idea. Still seems less than safe. But what do I know...

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Its not there to motivate you to use your phone. It’s called handsfree. Tell Siri what to do. That’s the intent anyways.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its not there to motivate you to use your phone. It’s called handsfree. Tell Siri what to do. That’s the intent anyways.
Unfortunately Siri doesn’t always understand and chooses the wrong options.

bcgray

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru Outback Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Unfortunately Siri doesn’t always understand and chooses the wrong options.
Fortunately you can ask Siri again...

I mean, things aren't perfect and change is hard, but these are the solutions.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I have full access to music at any speed but a while back I installed motion unlock and 360 cam at any speed unlock modules from a company called 4dtech

I didnt realize it also had an effect on what is viewable above 5mph for CarPlay/iTunes library
Sponsored